Arrival Pt. 1

I needed this to fuel both my Splatoon and LoZ addiction. :)

"Nghh...ow...what—where am I?" Shiver groaned as she sat up. She looked around at her surroundings. It was all snowy with various mountains around her. She looked down at herself to check for injuries.

"AHHHH!!" She screamed upon seeing herself. She was no longer the small Octoling she was only 30 seconds prior. No, now she was...a bird? Well kinda. She had feathers that took the place of her arms...wings? She was still able to walk on two legs and this new form did give her some height. She had a beak on her face in place of her nose, and her entire body (the feathers and fluff) was the same blue as her tentacles back in her world.

She was trying to calm herself down when she heard heavy footsteps behind her quickly approaching. Turning around, she saw a strange creature with the head of a lion and the body of a horse charging at her with full speed.

She screamed again as the creature pinned her to the cold snow. Strangely enough, the snow didn't feel as cold as she had anticipated. It seems these feathers kept her pretty warm.

She was about to accept her fate when the creature was shot with what looked like an arrow. She gasped as she sat up and looked at the one who had saved her. He looked like he had her form. His eyes were green and his feathers were blue and white. He had armor on that was similar to the one she had that she failed to notice when first inspecting herself.

"You know, you really shouldn't go out in these dangerous places without a proper weapon?" He said with a smirk, "You're just lucky I was here to save you." Shiver raised an eyebrow, "I could've handled it myself, thank you very much!" "Yeah, yeah. So that's why you were cornered by that lynel. Sure, go on telling yourself whatever makes you feel better," he rolled his eyes, "A simple thank you would've sufficed." "Seriously?! I didn't need saving," Shiver retorted, standing up to try and meet his eye level. He was still about an inch taller, though, which made him smirk at her gesture, "Now that I see you up close...I don't believe I've seen you around before..." "I-I'm not from around here..." Shiver murmured. "Hm...I suppose it's possible..." he whispered, looking up at the sky, "It's getting dark and tonight is a blood moon. We shouldn't stay out for so long...that lynel will be back any second..."

Shiver followed him through the snow until they were at a stable. "We can stay here for the night..." he said. He began talking to the person at the front of the stable. This person looked different. He didn't have feathers or a beak. He looked more similar to Shiver's old form, except he looked more...human-like. His hair was...hair, not tentacles. "Thanks, Varke. We'll get our gear in ourselves..." he said. "No problem, Master Revali. Trust me, it's a pleasure to have you stay here at Snowfield Stable with us!" "Revali?" Shiver asked, walking up to the bird as Varke walked to the opening in the stable to deal with a traveler.

"Yes. That's me," Revali replied, "What about you? What's your name?" "Shiver..." she said. "Heh. Fitting for someone I found in the cold mountains!" Revali laughed. Shiver glared at him, "Yeah and what does 'Revali' mean, anyway?" "Does a name have to have a specific meaning?" Revali asked with a huff, "If I were to choose...it'd mean wonderous, intelligent and powerful!" "Well, it definitely couldn't mean humble..." Shiver chuckled to herself. Revali glared at her before taking his bow and placing it down beside of one of the beds, "Well, get some sleep. We start our way to Rito Village first thing tomorrow morning." "Fine. But if you even try to get me up before 6:00, we're throwing hands...er, wings!" "Whatever. I'd like to even see you try to fight a wonderous warrior like me!" Revali laughed. "Yeah, sure," Shiver curled up under the blankets and tried to fall asleep. "Just don't get yourself too pumped up, Shiver. The Hebra Mountains don't do well for overconfidence," Revali sighed. "Says the one who is literally the King of Overconfidence," Shiver retorted. "Gee, well at least I'm the king of something," Revali chuckled.

******

"Gosh...where am I?"

Frye looked around herself to see a giant desert. Everything was foggy with sand and Frye couldn't see straight. She wasn't really scared. She was used to hot deserts from the Splatlands.

She stood up and got a good look at herself. She didn't look much different. Her clothes were different now, however. Her pants were baggy white pants and her shirt was cropper armor. Her tentacles were no longer tentacles. They were now...hair? Hair like the one she remembered seeing on old pictures of humans. Her ears felt pointy and she was extremely confused. She was a bit taller though so she didn't complain.

She began to walk in any direction, unsure of where she was going, but if she didn't get moving, she may never find her way out.

She begun to hear a loud rumbling from behind her. She whipped around to see a mound in the sand chasing after her. She screamed and began running away, hoping to outrun it. "Stop!"

A voice yelled and a loud crash was heard behind her. Frye stopped and turned to see the creature diving back into the sand and swimming away. Then there stood the source of the saving voice. A tall woman that looked similar to herself. This woman had green eyes and long red hair. "What are you doing out here, young Gerudo?" She asked. "G-Gerudo? Oh...uhm, I got lost..." Frye replied shakily. "You aren't from around here, are you?" The woman asked. "N-no..." Frye sighed. "Let me take you back to Gerudo Town. It's a lot safer there," the woman smiled, "I am Urbosa." "I'm Frye..." Frye replied.

Frye followed Urbosa closely as they made their way to Gerudo Town. "Hm...it's getting way to dark to continue our trek..." Urbosa said, looking up at the sky that Frye swore now had a red hue to it. Urbosa began walking toward a giant mechanical beast that was sitting nearby. "We can sleep in Vah Naboris for tonight..." Urbosa smiled, "I only hope Terrako's abilities will allow you in as well."

Frye followed her into it and Urbosa took her to a small opening near a pedestal. "This is the cosiest spot in the Divine Beast. I don't have any blankets in here, but it should be relatively warm..." Urbosa smiled, "We'll continue our journey in the morning."