The sketch

He sat back on the bed. I asked him to eat by himself but he denied. And asked me to feed. Wicked
I came down and started doing all the household. Poppy came to help me. She prepared the lunch and I completed my notes. It was evening. I and Poppy sat on the couch and enjoyed some TV.
I heard someone's footsteps down the stairs.
I ran immediately cause I knew it was James.
He was a bit okay now.
I asked if he needed something. But he was just getting bored.

I held his hand and asked where would he go. He held my hand tight and moved to the main door. I took him out and asked if wanted a ride. I left him out and ran back to bring the keys. He sat back and I drove to the highway. It was cold breeze. His hands crossed by the stomach and head resting on my shoulder. It was a bit awkward for me. But I could clearly feel he was feeling calm and light.

I drove for almost an hour and stopped near the store. I waited for him to notice and set me free but he might have sleep.
I tried to lean and saw he wasn't. He was in some thoughts. I stood still for few minutes to let him complete his dream.

"Ummm, I need to go."
No response. This deaf fellow.
I moved a little so that he could notice. But nopes.
I said

"James"

"Hmmmm"

"I need to go."

"Don't "

"Hunnnn..what"
He hurried in shock and pushed me apart .

"Hey..."
I turned back.

"You wanted to go right." I could see his pale face full of nervousness.
I asked him to wait on bike and brought some bread and butter.
I sat back on my bike and he didn't hold me now. I asked him

"Do you wanna fall in between?"

"Sounds adventurous "
This guy has no sense. I pulled hand, put it over my stomach and tapped it. He said nothing. We reached home and saw Poppy already had prepared the dinner. I served for all and this time I didn't feed him.
We went back upstairs and Poppy looked through the wounds of James, they were just for a few days now. We went back to the other room and I came back for his medicine.
I gave it to him and saw that his eyes were shining. He was staring me like a small kid.
It make me feel awkward. He lied on the bed and I covered the blanket. I was about to leave when he held my hand. I turned back and waited for him to say. But he said nothing. I tied my eyebrows up that questioned him.

"Ummm, Thank you."
Okay...that's why he took time. Obviously.
I said nothing and went back to Poppy. She asked me.

"Don't you think you're wrong about James?"

"Like for what?"

"Come on Rose, you can see. Even I noticed his soft side."
I went in my thoughts.

"You don't...?"

"No, I don't like him. "

"I never asked you that. That means you do."

"No, that's something I would never do, I'd rather die."

I woke early and knocked James door. No reply. I slowly opened the door. He was not on bed. I knocked the washroom door. No reply. My heart skipped a beat. I was scared then saw a note on the bed.

"Don't search for me. I am not there.
Thanks for what you did but now I can handle myself."
I was still angry on him, I don't know why.
I got ready for college and drove. I didn't even had my breakfast. I reached and parked my bike. I saw Ben.

"So finally, Is your friend alright ?"

" ya"

"But you're not." he leaned down his head to look at my face.