The Contract

In Miss Aurelia's Office

Hazel Francis sits across Miss Aurelia

"So you're here to sign your marriage contract with Mr. Jayden Ezra?"

"Yes" she replies blandly as she doesn't really have a choice.

Context:

Hazel Francis is being forced to sign a marriage contract with her business rival as it is the only way she can save her dad's company. Her dad has retired and she took on her dad's place as the company's CEO.

Her company has been downgrading for the past two months. Hazel Francis and her business rival, Jayden Ezra are the only successful businessmen in the country.

Jayden's dad, Damian Ezra really wanted his son, Jayden to settle down and have a family of his own. He came to know about the situation of Hazel's company and reached out to Hazel's dad, Thiago Francis.

Damian said he was willing to help Hazel's company if she agrees to one condition: Marry Jayden and give him a heir.

Thiago was overjoyed when he heard the news but Hazel was traumatized.

"DAD THERE'S NO WAY I'M MARRYING JAYDEN! YOU KNOW HOW HE IS"

She said in distress

Jayden is the type of guy who would anything for his company. To him his company is his love, life and what not.

"HAZEL YOU'RE MARRYING JAYDEN AND THAT'S IT"

Said Thiago and stormed out of the room.

She tried her best to stay calm "it'll be fine" she thought to herself.

In Jayden's mansion

"DAD HOW COULD YOU?? YOU CAN'T JUST MARRY ME OFF TO HAZEL. SHE'S BEEN MY BUSINESS RIVAL FOR YEARS"

Screamed Jayden in frustration

"JAYDEN IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME YOU SETTLE DOWN AND HAVE A FAMILY OF YOUR OWN!"
"YOU'RE MARRYING HAZEL AND THAT'S FINAL"

Jayden knew he had no other choice but to agree

This is how Damian and Thiago were, they never cared about their kids all they ever cared about was money, money and only money.

Back to present

"Can life get any worse?" Hazel  thought to herself, sitting in Miss Aurelia's office

"Please wait here Mr Jayden will be arriving soon" said Aurelia and walked out of the office.

        A few minutes later

Jayden has arrived.

He was wearing a white shirt, his sleeves rolled up showing his defined muscles and bulging nerves

He was wearing a white shirt, his sleeves rolled up showing his defined muscles and bulging nerves. He had perfectly sculpted face and piercing eyes that could make anyone's knees go weak with just a look. He brushes his hair back as it falls on his face and looks at Hazel as he clenches his jaw.

Hazel's heart skipped a beat as she looks in amusement, admiring his unignorable handsomeness.

She looked away as soon as they locked eyes.

Nobody could ever disagree that he was indeed very handsome, even if he was their enemy, that much was his striking looks and aura.

He pulls a chair next to Hazel and sits on it, grabs the contract from Miss Aurelia, signs it and leaves the office.

Hazel was shocked.

"How disrespectful is that?"

She thought to herself.

She signed the contract too and as she exited the office. She saw Jayden leaning against the wall, waiting for her. He motioned
her to follow him and started walking away but Hazel didn't even budge. Annoyed, Jayden walked to her, held her by the wrist and pulled her with him.

His hold was gentle even though he looked furious. His scent made her weak and she somehow felt safe with him.

"Where are you taking me??"

Hazel asked, confused.

"Just come with me"

Said Jayden with his deep raspy voice.

He took Hazel to an empty place, looked back and forth then straight into her eyes while still holding her hand. He was hovering over her and was so close to her face, so close she could hear him breathe. Without saying a word he just stared into Hazel's eyes for good 5 seconds.

"What are you doing?"

Hazel asked breaking the silence

He let go of her hand and walked backwards while massaging his temple.

"I do not want to marry you"

"It's not like I do, I'm being forced into this marriage, just like how you are"

Hazel said as she had a neutral expression on her face.

"Let me tell you one thing, this marriage means absolutely nothing to me, we'll be living together and seeing each other every other day but we would have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Do not expect anything from this marriage, the only thing you'll be getting is money from my father to save your company. Do not even think of asking me questions like "when will you come home? " "have you had lunch?" "why are you late?" and all of that. I'll be fair to you, I won't ask you too. You can even go around sleeping with other guys, I do not care. My company comes first and I'll do everything and anything to be the number 1 businessman in this country and you'll forever be my rival. Nothing can stop me from that Hazel. Nothing."

Said Jayden as he was breathing rapidly.

Hazel was fuming

"Do you really think you can say anything just because I'm marrying you???? Watch your mouth, it's not like I'll ever expect anything from this marriage and you don't mean shit to me. Do not talk to me like that you jerk"

Said Hazel, stormed out of the building, got into her car and drove away.