- 7. -

I stuck my other paw down and he grabbed it so I pulled him up.

————

"Princess..." I turned around to face Puss cocking an eyebrow up. He sighed and put his hands up. "About that day..Puss in Boots is not supposed to be afraid, but outside that church in San Diego, that was the first time I ever felt fear."

I felt my ears drop as I realized this was going to be his apology. I felt myself tearing up slightly.

"So..I ran. I-It was a mistake, Princess." I smiled slightly letting a tear role down my cheek. "It's okay." I looked down slightly. "No, no. It was cowardly." I smiled.

"It's okay."
"You alone..at the alter."
"Puss."
"In your beautiful, poofy wedding dress."

I could see him getting emotional so I grabbed his shoulders. "Puss! It's okay..." I shrugged.

"I didn't show up, either." I stated jumping into the tree. "Wait, what?" He popped out of the tree bush.

"What do you mean, you didn't show up?" He asked and I popped out from behind him. "Well, I knew I could never compete with you one true love." I teased and he got defensive.

"Who?!" He asked Lifting his arms up. "Yourself!" I tipped his hat down. "The legend." I exaggerated.

"Uh..?" I once again popped up from behind him. "I wasn't gonna show up for that guy."

I lifted his hat up and looked at him. "But..you don't seem like that guy anymore." I smiled and took his hat from him placing it on my head jumping back up into the tree.

"Everything okay up there?" I heard Kitty yell. "I'm giving you a thumbs-up, just so you know." Perro yelled.

"Puss!" I shouted and he climbed up the tree. "Look." I said pointing at a cabin.

———

Me, Puss, Kitty, and Pedro all stuck our head out from a rock.

"Okay, you take the window, princess sneak through the door, and I'll take the chimney." Kitty stated. "What do I Take?" I smiled slightly and Puss started petting him.

"Oh, you take it easy, Perrito. We need you to stay here and uh..." Puss said leaning down I put my paw on his head.

"Uh..uh..guard our rear!" I smiled at him and kitty placed her hands on her hips making it seem serious. "Yeah..yeah!" Puss agreed.

"On your six. Got your tears eyeballed and covered." I giggled and then my smile dropped as he stuck his paw out.

"Hands in Crew." Me, Puss, and kitty all put our paws on top of his. "Ready? Gooo, Team friendship!" He threw our hands up.

I laughed quietly. "Team..friendship? I did not agree to this." Puss stated and I elbowed him.

"Yeahh..do better, try harder." Kitty seconded and I elbowed her. "Well, just a Placeholder name, you know." I pet him.