Chapter 2 : Be prepared for departure!

As usual, Aymee almost fell when they landed, but she managed to catch up on the rocky chair.

"Are you OK?"

"Yes yes," she reassured her godfather.

"Well,"he smiled. "I suggest we go shopping quickly before the shops close, then we can go back. What do you say?"

"Perfect for me!"

They exchanged smiles before leaving the room and then the establishment of the Leaky Cauldron. Kingsley took the supply list out of his pocket and they went from shop to shop to complete the list. It was faster than the previous year because Aymee already had the basic material, only the manuals and a few potion ingredients were to be changed. Aymee was only half surprised not to meet anyone she knew. After all, it was back to school tomorrow: everyone had already done their shopping. That was the problem.

"I'm sorry, but we have already sold all of our copies," explained the old bookseller. "We can order one for you, however. It will arrive in a few weeks."

Kingsley breathed out deeply. Aymee wondered if he was restraining himself. Beckendorf did the same thing when something upset him. He closed his eyes and expired from the nose. Kingsley could be scary and Aymee wondered if the bookseller was a little scared at the time. It was only a small and weak old man who was barely taller than her. In comparison, Kingsley was overbearing, as much in stature as in his natural leader's aura. Aymee almost laughed, evoking in her head the image of a trembling pangolin facing a distressing snow lynx.

"My goddaughter starts school tomorrow and I won't be able to move. We will not be able to come and get it. Could you recommend us on another establishment that would still have some copies?"

The seller jumped at the idea of losing a client.

"Oh, first, let's try to work it out! We can deliver the copy to you directly, at our expense to apologize for not having any more in stock. I just need to take the name of your niece. Parents of students often order copies from us when their child's material suffer an unfortunate incident during the year. I suppose she's going to Hogwarts?"

"Indeed. Then you will deliver his copy directly to her... By owl, I presume?"

"Exactly. It may take a few more days than a week at the latest, but I can assure you that she will have it in her possession before October."

"I see." Kingsley turned to Aymee. "Do you think you can arrange yourself in this time? I know there are copies in the library, but..."

Kingsley did not need to finish his sentence. Aymee had already seen the library's copies. They were the most decrepit and worn-out textbooks she had ever seen. In general, there were lots of stupid annotations, drawings or erasures that prevented reading what the manual indicated. In addition, McGonagall's transfiguration class was not the type to be understandable without a manual. Aymee smiled as if nothing happened.

"Sure! No worries. If need, I'll ask the girls to share."

Kingsley nodded,reassured. He concluded the matter with the bookseller and they quickly left the bookstore. As in the previous year, they took the muggle bus to arrive at Kingsley's apartment. They barely had time to set foot in the apartment that Macy and Digby were already freeing them from their coats and greeting them.

"Digby! Macy!" exclaimed Aymee with a big smile. "How are you doing?"

"Very well, very very well, even, thank you Miss," replied Digby in a radiant tone.

Aymee was still uncomfortable with their exaggerate manners and how they were so servile, but she was still happy to see them again. They were an integral part of her vision of Kingsley's apartment. They were almost inseparable. After all, it was their home too.