xiii. Tristan Gauntlett

Grandmas house was decorated with light pink wallpaper and red roses. Her bathroom had millions of bars of soap in pink, red, and sage green. My bedroom was mostly decorated, it had pink wallpaper and white fluffy carpeting. "Are you like rich?" I asked due to the big house, I stared at the red heart pillow in between of the big ones sitting on my bed above the blankets. Grandma didn't answer my question though, I just hung up my clothes on my clothing rack in the corner.

Ontop of the rack, there was a shelf, I put all of my converse up there, my black ones, my white ones, the pink ones, and the blue ones. Grandmas living room was decorated with a soft sofa and a fireplace where a bunch of long white candle sticks were lit.
Grandma was downstairs making cookies.

"So, are there any colleges here that you can afford?" I asked grandma as she set some Christmas cookies in front of me. She had a tree decorated all pink for Christmas rug he by the fire place. "Well hunny, I can mostly afford anything." Grandma chuckled. "If you want, I have a computer you can find some colleges, pick one if you like it." Grandma said walking back from the kitchen.

"These cookies are good grandma."

• • •
1 month later.

Last week my essay for the college, Sanford, got excepted. Today is my first day, it's price was thirteen thousand dollars, grandma didn't seem to have a problem with it, but it has a uniform, and the plaid skirts were cute, on the first day I wore a green and purple plaid skirt, stockings, and a white sweater with half-up half-down straight hair.

The place was big and decorated with dark walls like a palace. I was sitting in my first period-social studies-when a tall blond boy walked into class late with a note.

"Sorry I'm late Mrs. Smith." The blond said giving the teacher his note. "That's okay, Tristan Take a seat." She said, taking the note from him. The blond walked down the row I was sitting at and smirked at me making me break eye contact with him. After class, I headed to the library, looking through the shelves for a book about European history. My finger slowly moved alone each bottom of the books, suddenly a tall figure stood beside me taking my attention away from the books, "hi." I smiled, "hey." He said. "I'm Tristan Gauntlett."

"I'm Taylor Reed." I said. "You know Mrs. Smiths class is a hard class." He paused, watching me look through the books. "Do you need help?" He asked kindly, I pulled a book off of the shelf and turned to him again. "No, thank you though." I smiled.

"Like I was saying, Mrs. Smiths class is a hard class, so would you like to borrow my notes?" He asked I nodded immediately. "Yeah that would be great." I said holding the book to my chest.

"Yeah?" He asked quietly, taking a step forward, I looked up at him. "How great?" He asked almost seducing.

"I-I don't know." I stammered, he just chuckled at me.

"I'll see you around, Mary?" He asked me, I furrowed my eyebrows. "Huh- M...My name is Taylor." I said before he began to walk away.

• • •

"So how was school hunny?" Grandma asked as she lit the candles. "It was good, but this boy named Tristan kept on calling me Mary." I said pulling out my notebook to go over my notes.

"M-Mary?" Grandma asked as she turned around and faced me. "Did you tell him your real name?" She questioned.

"Of course, I told him before and after he called me Mary, what does that even mean?"

Grandma stayed quiet for a second before bursting out laughing.

"Am I missing something?" I asked. "Hunny, he was calling you a virgin, like Virgin Mary. He's just teasing you, don't listen to him." She said, continuing to light all the candles.

"Wow." I scoffed. "Oh, can you go to the store and pick me up some Advil?" She asked handing me a ten dollar bill. I slowly took it from her and then closed my notebook. "Sure thing, grandma."

I walked to the nearby grocery store and walked inside, I went to the pharmacy and picked up some Advil and a pack of gum for myself. I bought it and then walked outside, it was dark already, the moonlight poured over me like a waterfall. Suddenly I felt the presence of somebody behind me in my bones, I looked over my shoulder and saw a hooded figure following me. I looked back in front of me as I felt my face start to heat up, i quickened my pace and began to walk faster.

     Once I was on the porch, I quickly grabbed the key that grandma gave me and tried to stick it into the key whole but the keys fell, I looked behind me and saw the figure, but...they didn't have there hood on. The streetlights poured over their face, there stood Billy Loomis, and in his hand was a very sharp knife.

      My breath was caught in my throat, I felt like I was about to faint, God knows what that man could do to me.

      Suddenly the door swung open, "come in darling, it's freezing out." Grandma said, but I still kept my eyes on Billy, he made eye contact with me. "Taylor." She said taking my attention away from Billy, I grabbed the key and went inside, I gave grandma the Advil and headed upstairs.

        I found no sleep last night.