Law of Cross-cutting Relationships

Ugg, geology. It's almost worse than algebra, and that is quite the feat. 

"Marinette, I hope you're paying attention because you're going to have to reexplain this to me twenty times tonight," I whisper to my epic best friend next to me.

She's so awesome. She does all this cool stuff for everyone. She's always helping people out, and with all her crazy talents, she can do just about anything. Except let Captain Oblivious in front of her know he could walk all over her and she'd thank him, and make it to class on time without tripping through the door frame. That's also not in her expertise. I love her anyways and not just because she's smart and can explain these crazy ideas in idiot terms for me. 

"The Principles of Geology" were written across the board. Plural. That sucks. This is going to be a long class. Why do we need to know this much about rocks and landforms? Is it going to really help a bunch of city dwellers who live in Paris?

"Now, can anybody put your hand down Max, tell me what they think the Law of Superposition could mean?" Our admit-tingly quite the pushover of a geography teacher asks us.

"Yes, Adrien."

Sunshine Boy looked far less sunshiny today as he gave us a full vocab breakdown of what superposition meant and how the position of rock layers is shoved on top of one another. Flip the family tree upside down, and that's the oldest. Great. Adrien, keep talking and teaching and making anime references; I'm actually getting it. 

Right, or get some sleep because the only one calling you prince charming with all the shadows across your face is Mrs. Smitten next to me. Does his dad work him into the ground or what? Does he even have sleep on his schedule, or does he just do stuff all night long and show up to blow us out of the water the next morning at school on zero sleep? Not fair, but still. I'll get Nino on him. Send the mom of the group at him, and he'll be asleep on his shoulder before the day's up. Nino has this quiet power to him. He can ask you nicely or in this slightly disappointed tone, and you automatically are inclined to do it. It's legit a superpower, and I'm the master of superpowers. 

Ugg, the teacher's drawing pictures on the board, and Max is about to explode. I think Nathaniel wants to volunteer as well. We can just run our own class; who needs teachers? Marinette's asleep again. I'm screwed. Maybe I can get Nino to walk me through it. I'm gonna just edit some fights for the Ladyblog before I get too far behind. At least then, I'm doing something productive, unlike this class.

The news said there was an Akuma attack last night. I still can't believe I missed one. At least I'm awake, though. Make's me feel bad for Ladybug and the pussy cat. Like do they even sleep? Does Hawkmoth sleep? Naw, probably too psycho to sleep.

Next thing I knew, half the room slid away like a knife cut right down the middle of the room and half the building just fell outward. There weren't any explosions. There was surely screaming though. Adrien and Marinette were up and reaching for Chloe and Mylene respectively as soon as it started. Adrien got to Chloe in time and yanked her across the gap by her arm. The whole class was screaming. I was just stuck. It all just happened so fast. Marinette grabbed once more at the air before deflating to the ground and watching them fall the three stories to the ground. The fear in their eyes is going to haunt me. 

I looked back at my side of the room in total as they all were on their feet on the edge looking down at what I was sure had to be the mangled bodies of half the class. Kim was fast enough to grab Max and launch them across the gap as it fell, but the rest were truly gone until Ladybug put things straight again. It doesn't matter how many times this happens a week, to watch your friends die in such painful ways is terrible. 

I must really be in shock because Adrien is pulling me out of my seat and telling everyone to get to the ground level. Where is Marinette? Did I black out? How much time has passed? Where is the Akuma?