Snow stained scarlet

Li Xifeng wished that stab had just killed her quickly.

Besides the excruciating pain and the feeling of being about to pass out, being injured like this by someone you believed to be your lover also was quite unpleasant. Dying in their arms in a few minutes at most could, at least, be considered some degree of bittersweet and romantic, but now she was laying in the snow, alone, because her legs just wouldn't listen to her anymore.

The edges of her wound began to freeze and though it stung, Li Xifeng at least didn't have to watch the blood seep through her makeshift bandage of torn clothing and onto the snow.

She tried her best at avoiding to leave a trail, and at first it worked. But after some time, she could feel her hands getting wet again as she pressed the bandage against her chest. The blood dripped down, staining the snow scarlet.

Why did the drops on the ground look like blossoms?

It made Li Xifeng, once again, think of the person who had done this to her - Zhao Meihua, whose first name meant "plum blossom". Zhao Meihua, who was her first love - and Li Xifeng had thought the other girl felt this way as well. So how on earth did things turn out this way?

 As she lay on the ground, lost in her thoughts as a means of distracting herself from the pain and on the verge of passing out, she suddenly heard a voice speak.

"My, this wound certainly looks bad... how did you get an injury like this?" The man who this voice belonged to could tell that Li Xifeng was not in the condition to answer, so he just kept on talking. "Let's get you patched up somewhere warmer."

With that, he scooped her up seemingly effortlessly and Li Xifeng, already half unconscious, felt strangely safe, although she had met this man mere seconds ago. It wasn't long until she had fully passed out.