v. CONSEQUENCES

CHAPTER V:

( consequences )

( consequences )

     "I THINK YOU'RE INSANE FOR WEARING THOSE TONIGHT," CALLUM STATED WITH HIS EYES ON SAKADI

     "I THINK YOU'RE INSANE FOR WEARING THOSE TONIGHT," CALLUM STATED WITH HIS EYES ON SAKADI. Fleeing from the scene their friend group had created at the party, the group of eight had begun their walk back to their respective dorms and apartments, everyone slightly spaced out as Tara and Sam argued ahead of the group.

Sakadi shrugged in her tall girl glory, "They keep me in check when I'm not sober." The duo had been in the center of the group with Chad and Ethan walking ahead of them and then Anika and Mindy behind them. Ethan spared a glance over his shoulder but quickly turned back around when Kade's golden eyes had already been on him. "Maybe even sober me up a bit."

      Callum just hummed at this after watching the exchange between Ethan and her silently.

He grinned nudging her arm. "So, was that Ethan I saw you dancing with earlier? Or..."

Sakadi's eyes widened and her hands subconsciously shoved into the pockets of her roommate's lab coat he had given her as the temperature had dropped over the last five hours. "I had one too many drinks and he was just..." she trailed off. What was he? An innocent bystander? A victim of Kade's alcohol tolerance? She shrugged looking down at her heels. "There."

"Did you have fun with him?" Cal teased feigning astonishment. The designer scoffed a laugh and shoved him to the side with his question.

      "Ew, Cal, just ew. You should've heard when he called me self-obsessed," the girl in pink groaned. "Me? Self-obsessed? Only I can say that. To everyone else I'm–"

"Self-assured and confident," Callum finished her sentence.

"Exactly!" Only he could get her to laugh the way she did at that moment. Slight snort and scrunched her nose to show a bit of her gums with her smile.

"Hey!"

An unfamiliar voice shouted from ahead of them. Their attention shifted three feet ahead of them to the conversations that had been happening to their stopped friend group.