That's My Goddaughter

A/N: This is part 2 of Bradshaw's Date with Mav's reaction!! Hope you enjoy this one as much as the last :) 

***

The look of bewilderment on Jake's face was something Bradley would never forget. Maverick had been hounding Hangman all day to the point where others were starting to feel bad for him.

The group of them were sitting in one of their debriefs, where Mav was currently picking apart Jake's near perfect run. Phoenix leaned over to Rooster and asked if he knew what was going on. The smug look on his face told her everything she needed to know. "What did you do, Bradshaw?"

Bradley was enjoying every second of today and would continue to enjoy it for many days to come. "I didn't do anything. Hangman decided it was a good idea to take my sister out on a date last night."

Bob choked on his water when he overheard what his teammate had said, drawing attention to the three of them. Hangman turned in his seat to see what was going on, but the second his eyes landed on Rooster, everything clicked. Phoenix leaned back in her seat and shook her head, "You're in for it now."

Bradley didn't care in the slightest how Hangman felt. He was getting everything he thought he deserved. Mav dismissed the group but asked Jake to stay behind. The others walked out sending him looks of encouragement, knowing whatever conversation they were going to have, wasn't going to go in his favor.

Jake remained in his seat in the front row, waiting for Maverick to explain what was going on. The look on Bradley's face gave him a small insight to what this was going to be. He had hoped his teammate would leave personal business outside of work, but clearly that was asking for too much. It was karmas way of slapping him in the face.

"I'm going to come right out with it. Just because Bradley can't do anything about it, doesn't mean the same rules apply to me. That's my Goddaughter and you better treat her a hell of a lot better than you cover your teammates out there. That girl is something special and you best believe I won't be the only one keeping close tabs on you."

All Jake could do was nod his head. He didn't know if he was talking to his captain or Pete Mitchell and any comment he wanted to say wouldn't go over well.

"For as long as you date her, expect every day to be like this. You will see no special treatment and will continue to be pushed harder than everyone else until I see you are good enough for her. Do I make myself clear?"

Jake let out a slow breath, "Yes, sir."

Maverick dismissed him, but called out when he was near the door of the room.

"Oh, and Lieutenant, Admiral Kazansky sends his best."

Just as Jake thought it couldn't get worse, his body seemed to freeze at those last words. He had always wanted admirals to know his name, strived for it, but not like this. This was an abuse of power and there was nothing he could do about it but swallow his pride.

Jake was fuming as he made his way back into the locker room. While most of his teammates figured it was because of how Maverick made him look today, it was actually for a whole different reason.

The moment he walked through the door, all conversations stopped. Word had gotten around of what happened and opinions were formed because of it. But no one was dumb enough to say those opinions out loud to either guy.

Jake looked around the room until he spotted the one guy that was slowly pushing him over the edge. The cocky smirk was normally seen on the blonde pilot, but in this case, the roles were reversed, and Bradley was racking in every ounce of discomfort that was coming from him.