⚠️ One last kiss.

Warning: suicide

Hi guys. Before reading this one, I just want to say if anyone's going through anything like this, please know you are not alone. If you need someone, reach out. My messages are always open if needed. I love you.

You are not alone ❤️

Help is at the bottom.
———————————————————————
Violet:
In one of the downstairs rooms of my wife and I's shared home, I finally finish the final book in the series. It was a trilogy and it was so good. I put the book back on the shelf. It's also the last book on the entire shelf that I had to read.

I head upstairs and grab the laundry basket from our bedroom. I bring it back downstairs and start the washing machine. I find my wife outside in the pool. I head out back to join her. I don't go in, just sit on the edge with my feet in the water. When Jenna sees me come out, she comes to the edge I'm on and lifts herself up, balancing on her hands to kiss my lips. She drops back into the water.

"Wanna come in?" she asks.

"I'm good," I say simply.

I watch her swim around for a little while. Although, I don't last long out here. Just looking at her makes me tear up. This time tomorrow, I won't be here. But she doesn't know that yet. Before she has the chance to see me cry, I rush back inside. I go to the bedroom and sit on the edge of the bed, staring at our wedding photos. I look at them until the tears blur my vision.

When I hear Jenna come back inside, I rush into the bathroom connected to our room. I lock the door and try to stop crying. My chest hurts so bad. I manage to steady my breathing when I hear Jenna come into the bedroom. Since she doesn't know I'm here, she leaves after a little while.

After I feel ready, I leave the bathroom and go downstairs. I find our dog on one of the couches. He's sleeping but I sit with him anyway. He happily accepts this new position and snuggles up to me. I sit with Charlie, just petting him and feeling his warmth against me. Jenna joins me on the couch a little bit later. I rest my head on her shoulder and take a deep breath just to smell her scent.

We sit in silence together. Jenna's arm around me, my head on her shoulder, our hands held together. I hold back all the tears that fight to come out. By now, it's almost time to start our nighttime routine. But part of me doesn't want to go to bed because I just want more time. More time with Jenna. More time.

But that time comes. When we are heading to bed. All ready for bed, I grab Jenna before she can get in bed. I hold her hands as we look at each other.

"You okay?" she asks softly.

I just nod my head. "Mhm."

She looks at me skeptically. I don't let her press me on it. I step up to her and wrap my arms around her waist. She wraps her arms around my neck. We hug for a while. I don't want to let go.

-4 PM-

"Hun, I'm going out. I'll be back soon!" Jenna calls from downstairs.

"I love you!" I call back.

"I love you!"

And then the front door closes. I'm alone. I know now is when I have to do it. I've made up my mind. I've just been waiting for the moment I'm alone. And this is that moment.

I head into the bathroom so I can avoid making a mess in the bedroom. I climb into the tub with the knife. With a tight grip, I make the first cut. Vertically down my forearm. I press hard and the blade goes deep. Crimson pours out of me like a waterfall. I keep my arm in the tub to contain the mess. When the first arm is done, I finish myself off with the other arm.