prologue

"Apa! Eomma!"

Small feet pattered down the stairs carefully in excitement, her English workbook in hand as she waved it around. She was upstairs the whole morning for self-studying, wanting to at least learn some more English phrases than the ones she knows to get by in her new school.

Moon Jin and Nara immediately turned their attention towards their little girl, watching in adoration as she stopped in front of them with a wide grin, displaying the few missing teeth she had. The girl pointed to the book in her hands, her eyes blown wide as she grinned proudly.

"Aigo, did my little princess learn something new today?" Jin kneeled down in front of her, a smile on his face as he watched his little girl nod.

"I finally learned," She began in broken english, a concentrated look as she tried to remember the words and sound them out properly as her parents gave her their undivided attention. "to write full sentences." She spoke slowly.

"Very good Jiwoo!" Nara clapped happily, proud of her daughter for actually trying, thus causing the girl to smile wider.

"Good job, Smiley!" Jin laughed, pulling the beaming girl into his arms and picking her up. "You're doing good."

And in their eyes she was. They knew this sudden move was going to be hard on her, especially because they were pulling her from the only place she's known all of her life and taking her to an entirely different place with an entirely different language. But they had prepared her enough in their old home, always speaking to her in english and encouraging her to do the same. Everything they've been doing has been for her, and they were glad she was doing more than okay with the move.

"Now, how about you help your dad set the table and we'll study more after dinner." Nara proposed, watching as Jiwoo nodded rapidly. The small child set her book down on the table before pulling her dad along to help set the table.

Jin and Nara smiled at the toddler, sharing a loving look with each other.

They knew in their hearts that this was the best decision for her and her future.

Coming soon!