Humble Home

I finally got home after two miles of tortuous cackling, nearly falling on my face, and humiliation. It was a humble building, but it was cozy and it was mine. I always felt much better entering the artfully decorated mushroom.

It's bright red roof glowed in the evening sun, a few dew drops glistening on the smooth surface. The sturdy smell of pine flowed from the wood beams and large door.

As I entered the hut, I felt ten years of stress melt from my body, leaving me with intense relief. If I had it my way, I'd never leave the heavenly place. Alas, I was required to work and provide for myself.

   I placed my wicker basket on the rough wooden counter, and went to my stove to begin a fire. Many thought that making fires was only possible with magic, but that was absolutely ridiculous.

   The small flames cast very little shadow, and didn't have much warmth. Cutting vegetables was always a pleasant reminder of my parents, them being the ones who taught me the proper techniques.

   Gently slicing the ripe tomatoes, I thanked whoever was listening that no one had managed to bruise them. I set the vegetables in the black pan that sat upon my stove, and smiled as they bounced in the boiling water.

Today was exhausting, with the knights and clerics mocking me and the nymphs tripping me. It was, however, much better than previous days have been. I didn't have to deal with the obnoxious nobles or the cruel fairies.

From a young age, I was found to have absolutely no magic. This was a curse in the magic centered society of Aleron.