Chapter 7 ~ New life

Third person pov

1963 (20yr old Y/n)

"Y/n" your boss calls out for you "you need to get ready fast, your shift is about to start!"

"I am almost done I swear, I just have to put my mascara on really fast." you apply your last bits of makeup and get out of your dressing room "How do I look? Do I look fat?"

"You look amazing Y/n, and you know that if you did we would fire you, so as long as you still have your job you are still looking as slim as ever!"

"Well, that's reassuring... Hey, is it just me or did this outfit get shorter? I mean, I never signed up to be a striper I am just a solo show dancer!"

"Ya, the outfits are shorter because we want to ensure the entertainment industry of our customers, plus, in our last meeting we did say we were gonna make this place closer to a strip club. You would know that if you actually went to the meetings!" she replies giving you all the sass in the world.

"Okay, okay, I get it. I gotta go now shift starts in a minute and the other girl already left the stage," you say fixing your boobs in the tiny top and making your way to the stage to start your dance.

"You ready?" your manager asks you.

"As ready as always"

"Go get 'em girl!" he shoves you into the stage and you fancily make your way to your place up front and start doing your moves, swaying your hips to the beat of the music and using your fan to outline your body as if it were a pair of hands of a certain someone you have yet to forget about after all this time. You look down into your audience to blow them a kiss but when you look down, you meet a pair of eyes that you were not expecting to see. Both of you stare at each other wide-eyed for a few seconds before you look away and continue your performance. Once in a while, someone will throw tips at you, most 10 dollar bills but some throw up to a hundred dollars at you.

After the three songs given to you for this shift, you throw a few of your bracelets at the men as your signature goodbye move and leave the stage with the janitor coming out with a broom to sweep all the money backstage so that you could collect it and count it. When you make your way backstage you see the familiar someone from earlier "Good to see you Y/n."

"Wish I could say the same. Though I have to say, other than not having a phone this has given me a pretty good life."

"Ya, well that life is about to end in six days," he says with a fake smile "Nice performance by the way, didn't expect that from little 14-year-old you."

"Ya? Well," you approach him and lay your whole chest on him and put your arms on his shoulders "Adulthood changes everyone, honey." you whisper in his ear "Now, if you will excuse me I have to count my tips."

"Are you not gonna help with the Apocalypse?"

"I might as well, but I have got to say" you start while walking away from him to the cash "This money is a lot more intriguing than an apocalypse."

"Come on, I need you" He walks to where you are now standing and looks down at you "Luther is already being uncooperative."

"Ok, ok fine, then help me count and we will get to your apocalypse things faster. That was my last shift anyway."

Then both of you start counting the pile in front of you and making two different stacks, 800, 850, 870, 890, 895. "I have 895 dollars in my stack, how much did you count?"

"Are men actually this desperate?"

"Ya, it's kinda sad, isn't it?"

"Well, my pile has 723 dollars" he sighs and takes a pause "So, in total, you made 1,618 dollars, in tip, in a singular night" he points out looking shocked.