Chapter 2: When Blue Meets Yellow In The West

"We all miss you," softly says Eleven taking Max's hand in hers, "Lucas hasn't been doing too good. He's constantly getting into trouble; we've all tried to talk some sense into him, but he doesn't listen. He really needs you. We all do."

"Some people who run the town are thinking of rebuilding Starcourt, but just in a different area. I think that's just bullshit. Don't tell anyone I said that," quietly laughs El.

She looks towards the machine that Max is linked up to, seeing that her heart beat is steady and is still the same. Luckily, her bones have fully healed and she's out of the casts, however it still doesn't make anything better.

"We really miss you Max. Lucas does, Dustin does, Mike does, Will does, Steve and Robin do. Nancy, your mum...me. Max just please open your eyes...please." El finishes.

Nothing happens.

El sits there for hours just hoping, praying that Max will just wake up, but she doesn't.

>>>>

*2 months later*

Lucas' alarm clock goes off making him groan and roll over to turn it off. He sits up looking around his room while rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

He gets up standing on one of his many action figures, groaning from the pain. Hopping into the bathroom he turns on the shower and lets the warm water hit his tense body.

After shower, he wraps his towel around his waist while brushing his teeth and washing his face. He makes his way back inside his room going to lock his door before getting dressed into some green Hawkins High joggers along with a white muscle shirt and his white Hawkins High basketball jacket. To finish off he pairs his outfit with simple white trainers.

Lucas makes his way downstairs to be welcomed by the smell of eggs, bacon and toast. 

"Morning." Lucas announces.

"Good morning sweetheart how did you sleep?" asks Sue turning around to see a big grin on Lucas' face.

"Good. I actually slept well." 

"That's excellent sweetie!" Sue exclaims with a bright smile on her face from seeing how genuinely happy her son is.

"It smells and looks amazing mum." says Lucas as he kisses his mum on the cheek.

"Thank you honey. Why don't you go sit down and I'll bring it out in a minute." answers Sue.

"Okay."

Lucas makes his way into the dining area going to sit next to Charles and sitting opposite Erica.

"Who put a smile on your face?" asks Erica sassily.

"Am I not allowed to smile?" Lucas asks back.

"Don't use that tone at me fartface and I asked the question firs which means you answer first."

Lucas rolls his eyes at Erica's attitude and faces his mum bringing who brings in everyone's breakfast. He says thank you before diving into his breakfast and god is it good. 

----

The school bus pulls into the school parking lot. Lucas hops off to be greeted by a group of girls waving and winking at him.

"Seems like someone's Mr Popular again." Dustin mentions walking up to Lucas with El, Will and Mike behind him.

"You aren't going to dich us again are you?" questions Mike raising his eyebrow as they begin to walk through the doors of the school.

"No guys, I'm not." Lucas answers with a wide smile on his face.

Considering it's been a year since Max fell into her coma, everyone in the party is now moving on and trying to block all the memories from that night out of their heads.

Some days are of course worse than others, but overall, they've realised that moving on is the best thing and what Max would have wanted.

Walking down the halls, people still do stare at them, but they've just learned just learned to live with it. After everything they did for the town everyone in the party still did get picked on. Well, everyone except for Lucas.

Lucas is still in the popular crowd and is definitely the most popular boy in their year from being on the basketball team, his behaviour and because he's gotten very toned and muscular.

The bell rings for students to make their way to their first lesson of the day. Art is first for the party. They make their way inside the classroom while receiving weird glances and stares from people, they only just ignore them.

"How's Mayfield? She still asleep?" asked someone in the class, "I mean I've always wondered how she ended up like that. To be fair she always looked like a druggie did she take too many pills lost her mind and hurt herself. Oh well at least her and her brother will finally be reunited in hell." he sneered.

Everyone in the party turned around all of them holding different looks. 

Disappointment, irritation, sadness and raging anger.

"Who did said that?" gritted Lucas but nobody replied, "I SAID WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT!" boomed Lucas banging his hand on the table in front of him making everyone jump and hold looks of terror and fright on their faces.

"I did," he said standing up making himself visible, "Come on you remember me, don't you," answered Troy pointing at himself, "Look guys, we all know Max isn't going to wake up, so let's all move on and joke about it's not like she'll hear us she's too still asleep." 

Lucas made angry strides towards him when he got stopped by a voice.

"Well I think I'm awake unless I'm dreaming," sassily says a familiar feminine voice, "Hi." Max says waving her hand and tilting her head to the side holding a sarcastic smile on her face. 

Authors Note:

I'm sorry it's taken so long for me to update, school has been really rough at the moment so I can't count that the updates will be frequent.

Anyway thank you so much for reading it means a lot.

- I