x.

"VI, I'M TELLING you someone was there

"VI, I'M TELLING you someone was there. I saw," I try explaining to my best friend as she sits on my bed wary of the things I say. 

"Yeah, of course someone was there, the librarian, I don't know if you know this but it's kind of like her job to be there so..." Vi says as she picks up a handful of popcorn and throws it into her mouth not caring if any spills unto the bed. I cringe at the thought of sleeping in a popcorn infested bed tonight.

"Besides didn't you say that you told Dean, and he said that it must've been a gust from the wind?"

"Exactly, but where did the wind come from?"

"Uh the window?"

"Yes, but what other place can wind come from?" 

"...the door?"

"Bingo! The door but here's the thing," I walk over to her and put both my hands on her shoulders. "What?" she says out of curiosity as I stay quiet for a while. "You can't see the wind," I whisper slowly each word coming out of my mouth laced with curiosity and amusement.

"It's official, my best friend has gone mad!" Violette says as she dramatically takes the bowl of popcorn off her lap and plops it on my bed then crossing both of her hands across her stomach all while giving me a very concerned look.

"Are you okay? Of course, you can't see the wind it's common knowledge," she looks at me with a puzzling look in her eyes as she scans my face probably wondering if I had hit my head anywhere.

"That's what I'm saying you can't see the wind that means I saw someone run across the bookshelves immediately when they spotted me getting suspicious."

"And this is all a problem why?"

"It's a problem because-"

"Because?" Vi raises a brow to me.

"Because..." I sigh as I lunge myself unto my bed taking the stuffed penguin my dad won for me at a carnival and snuggling into it. " I don't know. Maybe I'm just worried."

"Worried about what exactly? Are you worried that if someone sees you and Dean together that they're gonna think it's something entirely different, and then one faithful day you're gonna wake up only to find out that the whole school thinks you and Dean are together and he's going to embarrass you in front of everyone. Is that it? Or am I digressing?" Vi says as she turns her body to face me as she strokes my hair softly with her left hand.

" I don't know, I just have a really bad feeling about this whole thing, like I've unknowingly created an enemy that has now made it their entire life mission to make sure my life is a living hell," I murmur into Mr. Pinguino.

"Jules, baby no one wants to make your life miserable all because you're tutoring some boy," she paused, "I really think that ever since you started tutoring Dean one week ago you have been super paranoid lately-"

"I'm not paranoid," I glare at Violette. "Mhm I hear you," she says while nudging my leg with hers. "Speaking of Dean..." "Violette, stop!" "What? I'm not doing anything," she giggles her dimples showing in all their glory.

"Anyways all jokes aside what movie do you want to watch?" Violette says while getting her laptop out of her bag and placing it on the bed beside me adjusting the bowl of popcorn so it can be between her and I.

I don't bother responding or feel the need to, so I just shrug my shoulders giving her the hint to just choose whatever movie she feels like watching. 

I know someone was there, watching from the sidelines, I saw it, and it bothers me more than it should. But I must've been hallucinating paranoid even like Violette has said.

For the past week it has been bordering me in my sleep and in my wake. At school I always feel a pair of eyes shooting daggers at me but any time I turn around no one is looking.

If looks could kill, we would've been dead by now.

I agree. 

DEAN's POV

HOMEWORK.

Homework.

If I wanted to be given homework, I would've asked for a lesson teacher instead. But I didn't, did I?

Juliette has been busy with the debate lately so to compensate for the missing lessons she would give me homework to do in my textbooks. And it's not like she would give me a few questions to answer, No! Because according to her that's too simple. She instead would give me a whole chapter to fill or multiple chapters depending on her mood, and during break or when I'm alone she would walk up to me and demand for the homework even though I have not finished, and when I try explaining my case to her, she would just say during your test Mrs. Patricia won't give you extra time all because 'you haven't finished'. Mocking me with the last line oh, how she loves to do that.

But as of now, I'm currently curled up in my bed under my duvet with soft classical music playing in the background, wearing my favorite pajamas with some cookies on a plate beside a steaming cup of matcha. The lights a dim yellow warm and soothing. What better way to spend my Saturday night than reading Macbeth, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Great Gatsby, To Kill a Mockingbird and Invisible Man? You know what? What better way to spend my entire weekend reading these exquisite books?

These are all the books Mrs. Patrcia told us to read, you know some teachers would just give their students one book to read then summarize, but instead she decided that it'll be a great idea if she separated us in groups of five then made us all read the books then tell it to the whole class and of course since Juliette won't know which book Mrs. Patricia's going to add in the test she thought that I should just read all of em'. You know, to be on the 'safer side'.

My weekend gone. Poof, like it never even existed.

I was supposed to go to dinner with my family tonight, but then I couldn't, so I made up an excuse saying I was feeling a little bit under the weather, mom thought maybe she should stay back to take care of me, but I convinced her otherwise. The last thing I need is anyone in my family to find out I failed.

Flipping through the pages of Macbeth I read silently as I take a sip of my matcha and taking a bite out of a cookie as the crumbs slowly fell down unto the pages of the book, wiping them off, I stuff the entire cookie in my mouth and flip to next page when I hear a small knock followed by a voice from my bedroom door. "Master Dean, may I please come in?" Matilda, one of our maids called out to me.

I hurriedly digested the cookie before speaking. "The door is open." With that, the door slowly creaked open as it revealed Matilda holding a tray and a bowl of soup in it. "Your mother said that the chef should make you soup," she said while placing the tray above my legs then smiling. 

I gave her a curt smile before sending her on her way. I wasn't feeling hungry, but I guess I'll eat after all I do need all the energy I can get.

I'm guessing I'll have to pull an all nighter to finish these books.

Fu-

‧˚₊•┈┈┈┈୨୧┈┈┈┈•‧₊˚⊹

hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

sorry for not posting in two weeks, I was just really lazy and didn't have 

any idea on what i'm going to be doing for this chapter.

also, tysm for 200+ reads this is amazing and i'm so thankful

kisses