Chapter 13

"Let me go! Let go!" screamed Nakia.

"I'm not touching you!" I exclaimed.

We were standing outside the entrance to the Scream Park. It was entirely night now, and the streetlamps that weren't burned out projected little circles of white light onto an empty, cracked sidewalk. Trees surrounded us, and I could just barely make out the sounds of the rides in the distance.

The environment seemed warmer and more peaceful than ever after the vapidity and destruction of the place we had just left.

"I remember this place."

Both BloodLust's had gone back with us, the future one holding onto Nakia's arm, who shoved him away quickly.

"It works like a magnet," I gasped.

"What?"

"The Blood Orb, it works like a magnet. To jump from one place to another you don't need to be wearing or touching it yourself; it's enough if you're touching someone who's touching it."

Now that he was back in the present, the future BloodLust looked different.

He was much paler than he had been; so pale that most of his intimidating demeanor was gone.

He stooped and seemed to be finding it hard to breathe, as if this air suffocated him.

"I don't think your powers work here." Nakia smirked. "Like his didn't work in the future." She pointed at Pietro.

The future BloodLust leered nefariously, and flicked his hand towards a security guard.

In an instant, the guard's head swelled up until it was the size of a pillow, and burst in front of our eyes, causing a mass of blood, flesh and bones to fall onto the pavement, as the guard's body slumped onto the ground.

BloodLust moved his hand, and the guard's skull hovered over through the air towards him.

He contorted the bones, until the skull fit on his face, and he placed it over his head.

Immediately he seemed to regain his strength, and stood up taller than any of us.

"Give... me... the two Blood Orbs." He sneered at me. "Now."

Pietro inched up behind me and whispered in my ear, "Run..."

I sprinted through the bushes, Nakia and Pietro running close behind.

We ducked through a multitude of shrubbery and streetlamps, and found ourselves standing in the center of the theme park, with the Ferris Wheel and main roller-coaster close by.

"Nakia? Gabe?" called out a voice suddenly behind us. Me and Nakia turned; Lorraine was standing with Jared and Ryan.

"Where were you two?" Lorraine yelled. "We were so worried!"

Nakia and I rushed over towards them.

Pietro walked towards us. Jared and Lorraine backed away quickly.

"It's fine, he's okay." I said. "I told you, it wasn't his fault. The Blood Orb was corrupting him, speaking of which..." I held up the two Orbs, and explained the entire situation to them.

Jared, Lorraine, and Ryan stood there dumbfounded.

"Okay, I have so many questions..." Jared started.

"Nah, no time." I cut him off. BloodLust is looking for the Blood Orbs, and we need to keep it away from him until I think of something."

"Blood Orbs?"