10 - A Glimpse of Bliss

(After nearly a year of not updating, of course what motivates me to write would be the unwillingness to do homework. Mind the bad word choices in this chapter, I just bullshitted everything cus i dont wanna use my braincells.)

Sandals made out of what seemed to be expensive wood and carefully threaded vine treaded across the muddy forests of the Land of Waves. Within what seemed to be Naruto's shadow clone, possessed by Jashin, now lied two familiar chakra signatures.

Jashin stopped in his tracks, turning around as he sensed a presence behind him. "Ah....it must be you, right? I was asleep at that time, but Naruto boy has met you earlier."

Up in the trees hid Haku, a feminine looking boy. His eyes widened at Jashin's statement, not expecting the 'genin' to be able to sense him. Warily, he unconsciously shrunk back. "How... how did you know?"

Haku was just heading back to Zabuza's temporary shelter after retrieving some herbs for him. While collecting the herbs, he had met Naruto who was fast asleep in the woods, but just as he thought he wouldn't see the boy again until their final battle, there he stood.

Naruto being able to sense him wasn't the only weird thing either. Haku was now able to recognise Naruto's chakra signature, so he'd be able to tell if this was Naruto or not. Well, there is a trace of Naruto's chakra signature within this clone, but at the same time, there were two other chakra signatures Haku could recognise.

Gozu and Meizu.

Peculiar, wasn't it? After leaving to ambush the genin team, the two brothers never came back. Haku wouldn't have been surprised if Kakashi was the one who defeated them, but to think he'd find their chakra signatures within this boy...

"I still have some level of consciousness about what's going on in the outside world even when I'm in slumber," Jashin smiled up at the boy who gazed at him in suspicion.

"Are you Naruto...? Who are you?" Haku narrowed his eyes warily, hand unconsciously hovering over his weapon pouch, ready to intercept any coming attacks. The boy didn't seem to be intentionally giving off any form of killing intent, yet....

"Oh my- So you can tell. No, I'm not Naruto boy. Does that work as an answer for you?" Jashin replied casually as he began to set his items down on the dried soil, seeming to prepare for some sort of event.

"Why...do you have Gozu and Meizu's chakra signatures?"

Jashin paused for a moment to stare at Haku. At that moment, Haku held back a flinch at that gaze that seemed to pierce into his soul. As he felt Jashin's curious eyes analyse him, he couldn't help but hold his breath. It was only when Jashin tilted his head to smile did Haku remember to inhale.

"Ah.. you probably mean the two guys who harmed Naruto boy. Don't worry, they'll just be repenting for their mistakes by contributing to the future of this world."

Haku wasn't sure if he'd be in any danger if he kept asking questions, but the boy seemed pretty willing to answer, and he wasn't sure what would happen if he tried to leave right now. "What mistakes..? What future?"

"You seem pretty curious," Jashin's chuckle made Haku feel a shiver run down his spine. He waved at Haku, gesturing for him to approach. "Come down here."

"...Why should I? You could be trying to kill me, since you know my identity," Haku narrowed his eyes this time, slipping a couple of senbons between his fingers. Sweat beads rolled down his forehead as he readied himself in a stance to attack. Jashin, however, stared at him speechlessly for a few seconds before bursting into laughter. Confused but still on guard, Haku clenched his fists with the senbons in his palm.

"Kill you??" Jashin sighed in an amused manner, wiping away non-existent tears. "You're not a bad person to me. Why would I kill you? Come, allow me to enlighten you."

Watching Jashin write with a brush on the scroll he laid out upon the ground, Haku reluctantly got down from the tree, approaching the clone with caution. His hand remained in his weapon pouch, ready to draw senbons whenever it was needed. He approached the boy, but kept a safe distance just in case anything were to happen. After all, Haku knew enough to be able to tell-

This person wasn't someone he can mess with.

"Maybe I should do a proper self introduction first. My name is Jashin, a being superior to you humans. I have fell into a deep slumber after my name was long forgotten by humanity, from what I presume, was caused by war," Jashin spoke as he set down his brush, sitting to face Haku in a friendly manner. Haku stared uncomfortably, unsure if he should join the boy in sitting down.

"You see, recently, I have awoken in Naruto boy's body. Humans are so, so helpless...and I need to help them. So!" Jashin pulled the scroll over, finger brushing across the symbol of an upside down triangle drawn in blood. "As the Almighty Jashin, it's only my duty to reclaim my position as the god and guide people along their paths of humanity! Don't you agree?"

At that point, Haku was somewhat freaked out and weirded out. He didn't try to hide his discomfort at all when Jashin grabbed his hands in excitement, eyes seeming to sparkle. His bloodied fingers stained Haku's hands with blood as well, making the boy flinch. "You'll join me, won't you? I'll make you one of my elite knights, just like the little lady Sakura!"

"...Sorry. I already have a master I've sworn my life to," Haku stated with narrowed eyes, removing his hands from Jashin's grip. He grabbed his basket and stood up, ready to take his leave.

"Why not? It's inevitable. One day, all humans will kneel to me, even your master," as those words left Jashin's mouth, he didn't seem to understand the sheer ridiculousness of his words. Haku could only shake his head in disbelief.

"Sorry, but I'm taking my leave. Your words mean nothing to me. My master is my everything," Haku spoke firmly. His eyes narrowed at his blooded palm, now stained with not only the blood from Jashin's hands, but his own as well.

'When did he cut me..?'

His eyes only widened in shock as he watched Jashin licked what was presumably his blood from the tip of his own fingers. It was only then he noticed the sharp nails on Jashin's fingers which must've been the reason for his wound.

"You poor soul...I know you crave my blessing," Jashin sighed almost melancholically, Haku's blood smeared across his face. As his eyelids fluttered open, Haku could only stare speechlessly into the glowing red eyes that captivated him somehow. His vision began to blur, and in the corner of his vision, he could see a faint figure of his mother.

"Mom..?"

As if she heard his whisper, she waved back at him with that kind smile that he missed so much. To her right, now stood his father, and as he gazed more carefully, he could see the rest of his clan behind them, smiling at him.

With a snap of his finger, Jashin brought Haku back to reality, the boy tearing up without realising it.

"Did you show me that...? Is this supposed to be a sick nightmare..? Have my sins come to haunt me?"

"Of course not. I am the definition of humanities' sin. And I have come not to haunt you, but to give you the chance to pursue the true meaning of life and death," Jashin smiled, walking towards Haku slowly. "What I showed you is only your future if you're willing to follow me in my journey. Isn't that great?"

"It's not possible. It's just going to be a sick genjutsu," Haku gritted his teeth, unconvinced.

"Jashinism is all about wandering between the boarders of life and death. I call it true enlightenment. And I will be your passageway," Jashin spoke with a happy sigh, hands cupping his face. "It's not that hard. You won't have to leave your master, in fact..."

An image of Zabuza leading shinobi in the Hidden Mist appeared before Haku.

"There'll only be happiness to come."