ONE

"stones? never heard of that last name" - JB

-

"i'm Evie Booker woodstock's, but if anyone in kildare island asks, i'm Lily Booker Stones. the Woodstocks last name is known for all the wrong reasons weither we're in charleston or not. that family blood line is behind me now. you may be wondering, why run away to kildare island when you have a mansion in your name now? i have a certain someone to find, an old pal of mine, jj maybank"

~~~

i lift the small plant pot, snatching the set of keys. i unlock the door to my new home and step inside. the door slams behind me, due to a window left open letting the wind in, i explore the place more. taking note of the things i'd need to fix, ideas for walls, all the furniture i'd need. luckily the place wasn't so fucked up. a few loose floor boards, blocked toilet and broken kitchen cabinets.

through out the week i get to work, fixing the place up, with a new coat of paint and some furniture the place already looked like home. luckily i didn't have neighbours, i was surrounded by trees and a long stone driveway. id gotten my car shipped over, the brand new red jeep sat under a huge tree. by the end of the week, the place is almost done, just waiting on the plumber coming. i even added some furniture to the back yard, a hot tub for fun and a new tree swing. i had a dock leading into the marsh, eventually i'll get a boat.

i order pizza once i'm finished and unbox some cushions for my stools at the island. luckily i had the wifi installed the day after i got here. i scroll on pinterest for a while, till the door goes. i grab a 20 from my purse and swing open the door. "order for Lily?" a boy around my age in a dirty 'kildare special' shirt smiles at me. "it's $12 right?" i ask him. he nods and swaps me the pizza for the 20, handing me my change.

"i'm guessing your new around here?" he asks me, handing me $8. "yeah i just moved here around a week ago" i nod. "well i'm john b routledge, i own the house just through the woods" he explains. "lily, lily booker stones" i shake his hand. I take notice as his face sort of lifts into a surprised look. "well damn, we have the same middle name" he chuckles, i raise my eyebrows in return. "such a small world then ay" "yeah, stones? never heard of that last name" he questions.

"it's from my moms side, she said it was something to do with strength i really don't have a clue" i laugh. "well it was a pleasure to meet you lily, im sure i'll see you around" he smiles, walking down the porch. "thank you, you too" i smile back. i can see him hesitate for a second.  "if your looking for a friendgroup, come over to mine around 8 tomorrow night" he offers. "you sure?" i ask, a friendgroup would be nice. "ofc, here put your number in my phone and i'll text you" he hands me his phone, i type in my number under 'booker#2' "there, luckily my wifis the best i've ever had" i laugh and watch as he walks to his car. "you won't regret it!" he points at me before climbing into his car and driving off.

"he was nice" i mumble to myself and plot down onto the comfy new couch. once i'm finished my pizza i leave go out back to put the box into the cardboard bin when something catches my eye. "excuse me can i help you?" i question the figure trying to get into the shed i had our back. but they completely ignore me. "hello?" i say louder. "do i need to call the cops?" i grab my phone from my back pocket when the person finally spins around. "it's my grandmas shed alright!" he yells angrily. i shake it off and head inside, locking the doors and windows. i watch from my bedroom window as the boy disappears into the shed, slamming the door behind him.