chapter eighteen

The dress you wore was tight and stiff, causing your wings discomfort. Mia tugged your hair back into a high pony, while moxxie fixed his tie.

You had eaten dinner, but your father's friend was coming over with his two sons, bringing leftovers.

Your father looked disinterested with everything as he fixed his tie, his tail curling and uncurling around your leg.

"Now, remember. Just smile, and if he asks you a question, you answer. If he doesn't ask questions, don't say anything. Got it?"

He questioned, turning to look at you and moxxie who nodded timidly.

Crimson was stressed, between trying to get the doctor appointment going then trying to deal with Milo's stupid son.

All he wanted to do was just relax, and drink his wine in his recliner in front of the fireplace.

But unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Milo was so insist on bringing his sons over and introducing you to his little boy striker. He wouldn't stop calling him about it, saying: it was better for yous both to develop a healthy friendship in the beginning before rushing into marriage, that could potentially chase or scare you off.

How stupid. But at the same time he was right, he'd rather have you both get to know each other rather than spring the marriage and have you scamper off. Hence why they were having another dinner.

Mia finished up doing your hair to tend to the dining table, tossing the leftovers into the fridge before washing the plates off.

"How do I look y/n?"

Moxxie asked, puffing out his chest as crimson passed by, heading towards the front door as Mia reset the table.

"You look great mox."

You spoke, patting his head gently as the front door opened.

"Milo! You, you came. You... You really shouldn't have... And you brought your delightfully stupid son. How nice... Where's your other boy?"

Crimson questioned impatiently, looking down at Chaz who was in his own world rocking back and forth on his heels.

Milo gestured over his shoulder to a little peach colored imp, who looked nothing like his father. He looked more like his mother the longer he stared, the skin, the horns, the hair color right down to his imp type and eyes.

While Chaz got Milo's more "desirable" features, as Milo likes to say.

"He's over there bringing a bouquet of roses for your daughter."

Milo spoke with little care, listening to the footfalls of his smarter son.

Crimson stepped to the side, watching as Milo and his two sons entered the Mansion, a scowl replacing the fake smile that once adorned his face.

"Stupid boy... Hmph, just one more person I need to eliminate now."

Crimson muttered, watching Chaz trip over his own feet.

"It'll be far easier than killing Mia that is."

He added quietly entering the Mansion closing the door behind him.

Crimson watched as Milo stood to the side, nudging striker towards you who held a bouquet of roses far to big for him. It was mildly funny.

Chaz was being stupid talking to moxxie who seemed to enjoy the company, while also keeping an eye on you and striker.

Moxxie was unsettled, he didn't like the idea of you and striker at all. He did his vary best to be kind and friendly but deep down? He just wanted the imp to disappear, to evaporate into thin air and never come back.

But, his father liked striker so he had to be nice no matter what. No snide comments, no snarky come backs when striker insults him. No nothing.

He had to take the peas being thrown at him at the dining table while his parents and you were blissfully unaware of what was happening.

Squeezing his fork he shoveled the mashed potatoes into his mouth, occasionally flicking off a pea that had been thrown on him by striker who stole his seat.

He always sat beside you, but now? Now he sat beside his father that didn't even like him. And had to indure the comments made about him, and they were never positive.

If it were you in this seat he'd be praising you, smothering you in love and affection that he just seen to give to him or his mother. He knew of his mother's plan, to kill him and take over the family business.

And he was ready to help in whatever way he can.

Word count 744