♡ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 ♡

♡ 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗲 ♡

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 four

monster among men.

─── ༺♥༻ ───

THE SKY ABOVE DARKENED WITH THE REMAINS OF DYING STARS AND THE EVERLASTING ECLIPSE.

Damon sat slouched on a rock, fumbling with his hands as his glance pulled up to the sky every so often.

Freya, however, felt sick to her stomach. She deeply disliked Kai, sure, but his absence grew reminisced. Wanted, almost.

She forced her eyes up to Bonnie who slid the ascendant across her palm. Moments passed by before she poured the shimmery liquid onto the blade. There was a quietness to the woods she hadn't noticed until then. There were no bird chirps, no crickets, and no sign of wildlife at all. The closest thing to Avian was the wings that sat on her own back.

"Okay." she turned towards the two, her breath trembling. "It's time."

Damon met her side first, intertwining hands with her before lazily extending another to the angel. She avoided their hopeful stares. "I can't leave unless he does. You know that."

Bonnie pressed her lips together. "You can try."

"It doesn't work that way, Bonnie, we're bound. Unless you can get him to fall in love with the dirt patch you buried him in, I'm not going anywhere."

Bonnie Bennett had a tendency to pick fights with the universe. Freya had become a friend she never expected. A warmth she didn't realize she needed. Leaving her alone in a Hellmouth with Malachai Parker as her only companion was a cruelty she didn't deserve. "We're trying."

Bonnie grasped her hand tightly, pulling her up to her side and wincing her eyes at the bright illumination of the eclipse. Freya was unsure of what meddling with the metaphysical would achieve. She was unsure of why she felt guilty for leaving Kai to begin with.

Damon huffed loudly, catching the attention of both girls. "I'm sure there are about a billion people you guys would rather be here with..." he watched as Bonnie chuckled and Freya sent an uneasy smile.

"Let's go ho-" Bonnie was interrupted as she cried out in pain, a giant arrow sticking out of her abdomen. Freya's arrow. The angel's eyes widened in panic as she turned around to see Malachai Parker standing proud with her bow in his hands.

"Forgetting someone?" he taunted, placing another wooden bow between his bloodstained fingers. "Did you guys really think I hadn't tried to kill myself before?" he chuckled to himself, walking closer to the group. "Because I have - lots of times, lots of ways."