Don't Die This Time

After a tough case, we all decided to go drinking. I tried to stay far away from Emily, but the more I drank the closer I got. Eventually, we all loaded up and went to Rossi's. Somehow me and Emily ended up in the same bed. I woke up and felt the need to get seven months of grief off of my chest.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "I love you em. I never stopped loving you. You were my best friend and you just left without a goodbye. I waited for this all to be a dream. I waited for you to be grumpily sitting at your desk drinking coffee, or your sarcastic ass comments, or you to be giggling your head off at Rossi's family dinners, but you never came. Now you're here and I kinda wish you weren't. I love you so much that my heart burst out of my chest when I see you or hear you. But I can't just jump into being that close again. As much as I would love to I just can't" I confessed to her while she slept soundly or so I thought.

"I know"

"Oh my god I didn't know you were awake," I said embarrassed.

"Derek I liked you too, and it killed me to leave. I hope you can forgive me" She said looking up at me with her beautiful chocolate-brown eyes.

"I forgive you now, but I just need some time to process. So while I am processing maybe try to not die this time?" I said laughing.

"I won't make any promises," She said laughing as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Night Of JJs' Wedding 

Everyone was dancing. Well except for Emily. She felt like she didn't belong anymore. I heard her tell that to Hotch. I also heard her say she got another job opportunity she thought about taking. Hotch noticed her sitting alone and got her up and made her dance. Everyone took turns dancing with her. When she got back to Hotch I walked over to them. I tapped on her shoulder and Hotch let go of her hands and went over near Rossi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"May I"

"You may," She said smiling. 

We danced around for a while until I got brave.

"Em, you do belong here. We love you. Are you really thinking of taking that job?"

"I mean I was but between yours and Hotchs' talks I don't think I want to" 

"Good," I said smiling.

I pulled her outside and behind a big tree. 

"What are you doing," She said giggling.

"Sit ma'am"

"Wha" I kissed her mid-sentence.

"Sit" 

One thing about Emily she loves stars and the sky. So Before she got there I hid two blankets in the tree. I laid it out and she scooted on it. I put the other blanket over us. She curled up to me and I put my arms around her.

"Em I love you," I said.

"I love you more," She said staring at me.

"Look," I said pointing.

"Oh my god," She said in awe.

"The sky is so beautiful tonight"

"Not as beautiful as you"

"Hey em" 

"Hmm"

"Does this count as dating now"

"If it were anyone else absolutely not. But yea I guess so"

"Okay well, can you promise me something?"

"Maybee"

"DON'T DIE THIS TIME" I said which made her giggle.

"I won't and if I do, I will tell you"