ch-3

After that party incident Abhimanyu didn't meet with Akshara. He got busy in his work as he had so much to do but still somewhere in his wind he still remembered that encounter and still wanted to know the reason behind that.

   After few days:-

   It was Saturday and Abhimanyu just came home from Delhi where he had crucial meetings with government officials. He was so much tired from back to back meetings and flight journey.Now he badly needed some rest, so was going to his room directly but his mother stopped him.

    " Abhi,you came back? I thought you will not come today but thank god you came on right time. Tomorrow, we have been invited on lunch. So be ready on time ok?" his mom told him.

   " Mom please. Right now, I don't have time to eat properly in home and you are expecting me to attend some lunch gathering? No ways,I am extremely sorry but I can't come" saying this,he started going away.

   " Abhi, Arundhati had specially invited us. She has done so much for us. If we will not go,then they will feel bad. Please
try to understand" Manjari told him.

    The moment Manjari took Goenka's name, Abhimanyu stopped in his track and turned back.

   " Mom, actually you are saying right.I am sorry, I talked with you like that. It's ok,I will come with you guys but will not stay for too long, is it ok?" He asked his mother.

   Manjari and Harsh both looked at each other.

   " Abhi are you sure,you will come? few seconds back,you were complaining that you don't have time" Manjari asked curiously.

   " Mom, yes I don't have time but if I will
not go there then Arundhati aunty will feel bad and I don't want that. Don't worry, I will take my laptop with me and will do my work there only. So it will be
good for everyone,right? now can I go? I am feeling dead tired and badly need some good sleep, good night" He said
and went away.

   " Manjari did you notice something?"
Harsh asked from his wife.

   " Offcourse Harsh, afterall I am his mother. I guess, tomorrow's lunch is going to be special" She said with smile.

   Abhimanyu was too tired but now his mind was not ready to sleep.It was so
restless to think about tomorrow's lunch and prospects of meeting her again.First time he was thinking this much about a girl and was feeling frustrated by himself.

   " I just want to know the reason of her rudeness that's it then I will get clarity and after that I will not think about her at all,that's it" he thought to himself.

   Next day at goenka house:-

   Birlas reached on time. Dev was also at home only. They were all talking about their businesses,politics and so many things.Abhimanyu was working on his laptop but his eyes were searching certain someone, Manjari noticed this.

    " Arundhati,where is our Akshu? she
is not at home?" Manjari asked her.

    Abhimanyu immediately looked up at his mother and his mother was looking at him with a knowing smile.

   " No no, she is here only.I told you that she keeps studying in her room whole day and hardly come out. So, that's the case but don't worry, let me call her"
Arundhati said and instructed one of staff to go and call her daughter.

 .    After sometime, Akshu came from upstairs walking as slowly as possible.
She was wearing night suite with Tom and Jerry prints, was holding her puppy in her arms. Her oily hairs were tied in braided ponies. She was wearing her glasses also and was looking completely different from how she was looking that day in the party.It made Abhimanyu even more curious about her.