Five

Felix looks around the castle for Lyarra when he came back from throne room duty, only to find her missing from her crib "Demetri?" Felix asks as he walks into the Upper Guard suite "where's Lyarra?"

Demetri stiffens "What do you mean?" He demands, the thought of his mate missing sends a wave of worry he has never get before come "Isn't she in her crib?"

"Didn't Chelsea tell you?" Renata asks, they look her way "they entered her in a baby pageant—see" Renata turns on the tv and everyone watches the baby pageant "Afton is with them including Corin"

"They do" Alec asks "remember that Lyarra has been choosing which words she's choosing to learn right?" Yes, everyone in the castle believe that Lyarra is choosing which words she wants to learn how to say. Their is a new bet going on to see if Lyarra will learn all the curse words in the next month or not.

"They" Felix growls "took my baby to a beauty pageant?" They see Lyarra in a sparkly silver and blue dress with a big bow "if I see even a hint of makeup on her, someone is getting killed"

Those in the suite watch as Lyarra is on stage, she just walks to the toys that are there and sets them up like their having a tea party. They watch as she does this, when it's over they see Chelsea grab Lyarra who is holding her stuffed animal.

Felix paces in the room, stopping when he sees Chelsea walk in with Lyarra "She better" he warns taking Lyarra "not be wearing makeup" he checks and sighs relieved that she isn't.

"Did she win?" Santiago asks

Corin nods her head "She's known as Little Baby Volterra"

Lyarra yawns before leaning her head on Felix's shoulder "This" Felix waves to his daughter whispering harshly to the girls "is the only beauty pageant" storming off with Lyarra in his arms.

"This" Afton asks his mate "isn't the last time you girls are doing this, is it?"

Shaking their heads no "We've got big plans for her" Chelsea smiles brightly while Afton rubs his brows.

~Lyarra's First Birthday~

"Happy birthday Lyarra" those in the castle sing to Lyarra as she's in a high chair staring at the pink cup cake before her "happy birthday to you" Lyarra spits on the cupcake as she tries to blow it out.

Felix just takes the candle out of the cupcake and Lyarra grabs it before shoving it in her face. People laugh at the mess she's making "Oh" Chelsea takes a few photos "she's already a year old, it seems like it was yesterday you came in with no idea how to raise her"

Felix takes Lyarra out of her high chair when she wants down, they watch her waddle around since she's walking now. No one was paying attention when Lyarra walked close to the fire and went in, the only person who noticed her missing was Athenadora "Where did she go?"

Demetri using his abilities, looks over and his eyes widen "Lya!" Running over, Felix is by his side as they watch Lyarra in the fireplace laughing.

"The fire" Sulpacia gasps as the kings are there "it's not...she's not—how?"

Fire and Blood the words go through Felix's head as he stares at Lyarra who is yawning "Lya" Felix holds his hands out, she crawls out and someone brings a blanket for Lyarra once she's out "Oh, il mio piccolo ilbrido" Felix takes her away from the fire afraid that this is a dream, a very bad dream. That Lyarra is in her crib sleeping peacefully.