Chapter 2 : Trouble and Help

This month has been exhausting. Not only were they moving around regularly they were staying in small cheap hotels sharing two rooms between the seven of them and their manager. This summer was filled with performances at every festival in the country that had accepted to host them. They were at the moment, barely in the middle of this intense festival jumping, getting ready in one of the small buildings used as dressing rooms in the second festival planned this month.

They had to share the space with two other male groups set to perform on stage tonight. The inside of the crowded space was ...hot.... Jin felt like his make up was already sweating off and he wished their concept had been a bit more summer oriented than the dark and emo look the stylists were going for this performance. That meant that they were wrapped up in too much leather for a day in July. He had been disappointed to see that his friend Ken and his group Vix would not be performing at the festival this year, so most of the groups in the room were not people he was familiar with. And unfortunately, he was the first to be finished so while the others were still getting prepped, he was sitting in the corner bored out of his mind. Even after so many months in this career path he still could not get used to the crazy schedule of an idol riddled strangely with these hours of waiting with nothing to do and not even the possibility to sleep in a bed or practice. Just a bunch of wasted time.

When he finally had enough of sitting around, he asked for permission from his manager to go walk around the festival grounds since it was still closed off from the public while some of the senior and most popular groups were rehearsing their performances on stage one last time. Something the boys had had to do early in the morning when the stage was not being used yet. Fortunately, his manager only asked him to come back before the hour was up and to avoid the borders of the camp where some devoted fans were probably waiting patiently. He grabbed his phone and wallet fitting them into his large jean pockets. He also decided at the last minute to steal Hoseok's old tennis cap lying on his bag. The sun was hitting intensely today. He made sure to leave his outfits, accessories and leather jacket behind. Leaving him only in his black tank top and torn jeans and sneakers. More ideal for the warm weather. The stylists had already asked them to put on some sunscreen to protect their pale skin from getting sunburnt.

As he exited the small building through the side door, he was unsurprised to find the small paths between the small buildings (that had been rapidly built yesterday morning) busy with various employees pushing carts filled with equipment or food and beverages. To not block anyone's path he chose to take the smaller pathways that did not seem to be used as much.

He walked around, just taking in the fresh air devoid of strong perfume and hair spray smell that had been surrounding him just fifteen minutes ago. The sky was blue with no clouds crossing it. He could hear the noise of the crowd located just a few feet away from him. Some were shouting directions, others were running to fetch what they had been ordered to get to its destination. He seemed to be the only one with nothing to do. Perhaps he should ask his manager if he should help their company's staff in preparing their equipment for their performance? That might be more productive than just walking around with no destination in mind.

But his new plans for the afternoon were suddenly interrupted by the sound of two voices up ahead. They seem to come from one of the small corners between two of the buildings facing him. He frowned in confusion why would people have their conversation in such a hidden away space. Except... he really hoped he was not walking into two idol's secret little rendezvous; he knew, according to his idol friends, that these little forbidden meetups happened often, especially between the more senior idols.

He hesitated on what to do next. Should he walk fast and just avoid looking at the sight? Pretend he had no idea that people were hiding there and just continued his walk. Or perhaps he should just turn back and join his bandmates in the dressing room. But the decision was taken away from him as one of the two individuals walked out of the corner. Irene. Irene of RedVelvet was that person. Unconsciously, Jin had jumped to the side and made himself as discreet as possible behind a pilaster. Hoping the girl would not spot him. She seemed nervous, perhaps she was scared that someone would spot her with the person she was with. The latter joined her out right away. Jin recognized the man as a senior artist, one from a group that had been around in the industry for a while. He would not be surprised if his group was destined to perform near the end of the show as most of the senior group were going to do.