Final Chapter - The Last Airport

Darkness dominated their sight as the two adjusted the plane's controls, hoping to return home safe and sound. But the shadows continued for longer than Sol presumed.

"...Where are we, Sol!?"

Sol kept quiet. She also didn't understand what had happened. Martha kept asking, scared:

"Sol!? SOL!? WHERE ARE WE?"

The Heir 2T glided slowly over what appeared to be a massive floating island. Clearly, the girls were still in Markopo, but not in the same region anymore. The island had several huge cylindrical towers, which decreased in circumference as they grew in height, tearing the skies. Each tower appeared to have rows and rows of cannons positioned on top of each cylindrical shape that formed the buildings. The central tower, the largest of all, had chains that connected the various floating segments that made up its total height. The shape of this gigantic tower, along with the chains that connected them, resembled the shape of an ancient great helm.

Each tower seemed to have a specific function to it. The left tower appeared to have a spiral landing strip, which ended in an odd-looking hangar integrated into the tower. The right turret held several gigantic cannons on its tops. Armored soldiers constantly walked through these towers, carrying mechanical parts and weaponry.

The central tower, the largest of all, had large openings in its segments, filled with rows and rows of dark-colored planes. Some were small monoplane fighters, others huge, multi-engined bombers. The chains appeared to form like pillars around the structure, but some of them were used to lift huge metal cubes for transport between tower segments.

The sky was dark, covered with strange purple clouds. The amount of fog highlighted the few light sources present there. Then, from the clouds, a squadron emerged: There were machines that Sol had never seen before. Monoplanes with two huge turbines, which had a strong blue glow in their emission, and a completely enclosed cockpit, shapes so angular that they appeared to be aerial war tanks. There were at least 12 of these machines, following the Heir 2T like hunting birds.

In the central tower, a bright yellow light flashed in the central area, drawing the attention of anyone who saw it. It was a clear message: 'Land down. Now.' Martha asked Sol, with intense fear in her voice:

"W-we're not going to land here, are we!?"

"And do we have another choice?"

The Heir 2T's engine seemed to be running again, but at quite low power. It was enough for Sol to land her red plane safely. Standing there, in the middle of the hangar inside the tower, they were surrounded by several men in armor holding crossbows and swords in hand.

The silence was absolute. Martha was extremely scared, but she didn't let out a single gasp. Sol was afraid too, but she didn't seem to express her fear this moment. She maintained her posture, analyzing the trap that had been laid out for them.

Heavy footsteps echoed through the hangar. The armored men seemed to move away, slowly revealing the presence of someone important to them: A tall female figure, who wore a strange round mask over a veil that covered her whole head. A long, dark dress complemented a large golden necklace that wrapped around her neck. It looked like a strange attire a queen of old would wear, with how extravagant her dress was. Her voice, soft, but which already showed a certain age, announced:

"Welcome girls, to my kingdom: Markopo." Opening her arms, she looked around her as if everything belonged to herself. At that very moment, two men in armor approached rapidly, managing to immobilize the girls. In protest, they swinged her arms and kicked the air wildly around them, to no avail.

"Calm down, girls. All i want to do is show you your new home." The strange queen said, letting out a short, almost empathetic chuckle, were it not for the girl's current situation.

"We already have a home, and it's not here!" Sol protested.

"Ah, forgive me. You two are Graxa's subordinates. Of course he must have offered you a place to live in, care, attention, and anything you need. That... cursed fox must have tricked your young, innocent little minds-"

"Do you know Graxa!?" Martha interrupted her, visibly confused, even stopping her protest.

But the queen kept silent. No words were necessary to comprehend her answer.

The two friends, confused and worried, were dragged to the internal pathways of the dark tower, disappearing in the darkness of that malevolent construction, founded by hate and anguish.

And in Danatal...

𝓦𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓫𝓮𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝓻𝓾𝓽𝓱

𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓿𝓸𝓲𝓬𝓮 𝓫𝓮𝓰𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹 𝓸𝓯 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓽𝓱

𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓹, 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓹𝓮𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓫𝓮

𝓐𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝔀𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝓴𝓮𝓮𝓹 𝓻𝓸𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰...

End of SOL,

But the start of a new dawn.