8 - Mαѕтer oғ Illυѕιoɴѕ

Someone had my bestfriend Yume

Being an Okkotsu- someone with a great deal of natural curse talent, she ended up cursing me before she died trying to save me ten years ago.

I thought I had already freed her spirit, but it seemed it wasn't the case anymore.

Who is Kenjaku...?

The thought of my bestfriend being held captive by some sorcerer made my stomach flip in anxiousness. I thought I could finally have my rest since Miura Chiyo was already getting out of prison, but it seemed I was really naive to think so.

"It's unlike me to be reminiscent," Nanami sighed wistfully. "But since Chiyo-san is coming out, I guess it can't be helped."

I smiled despite the throbbing on my head. "You seem quite attached to him."

"Not really," Nanami replied. "Chiyo-san spends most of his time with Ieiri-san and Kotone-san. I guess I'm closer to Inumaki senp-" He paused and corrected, "-san. Inumaki-san."

Pft. What a tsundere.

"I see," I droned. I didn't have any more to say so I just stood there, waiting for Yaga to arrive.

I hadn't seen Satoru around yet which was quite a surprise since he'd always come bouncing with that tiresome energy of his whenever he sees me. But then again, that idiot was always late.

"(F/n)!" Shoko excitedly waved, dragging another woman by her arm. Her companion was in traditional burgundy kimono, her dark brown hair held up with gold pins and dangling rubies.

"Let me introduce you to someone," Shoko giddily stated. It was rare seeing her this enthusiastic. "This is Kamo Kotone, my upperclassman."

The woman called Kotone scanned my appearance, a line drawing on her forehead. She bowed her head curtly before introducing herself. "I'm Kamo Kotone from the Kamo clan."

I gave her a small smile and bowed a little lower than hers. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Ichihara (F/n) from the Shimokitazawa section."

I expected I'd be meeting her soon ever since Miura Chiyo's release was announced, but meeting her again after all these years still managed to leave a sting on my chest.

Kamo Kotone was our upperclassman back in 2006 when I was still in Kyoto Jujutsu High. Now, she was a grade 1 sorcerer who specialized in blood manipulation techniques. I heard she was currently training his nephew Noritoshi to master the technique.

"Is this a reunion? Gah, I'm so excited to see Chiyo again," Mei chuckled. "Kotone-chan, loosen up. You and Utahime are growing old too seriously!"

"Excuse me? The only problem I have is Gojo Satoru," Utahime retorted, rolling her eyes.

"Utahime-chan~," Satoru entered the conversation on time with a sing-song voice. "Did you miss me?"

Utahime pulled Shoko and the other women away from Satoru. "Don't talk to me, you despicable man!"