Chaper 1: lunch

First day of her freshman year at one of the shittest high schools in the state. She came from a family of addicts and dropouts. She refused to follow in her families footsteps and become a failure.

" Brianna Smith " Mr Everton said as he was doing attendance. " here " I was barely paying attention to anything happening. Until the door opened. I looked up to see a gorgeous 6 ft man standing in the door frame. " ahh late on the first day " Mr Everton started scribbling on the attendance sheet as he told the new student to sit down. I was so focused on the way his hair perfectly framed his face I failed to realize he was sitting right next to me. I sat in the back corner by a huge window. Alone and isolated. How I like it. He shot me a slight glare and I just fell more in love. His beautiful blue eyes perfectly contrasting his hair. Let's just hope he isn't an asshole.

During the first day I noticed that him and I had the same exact schedule. I also figured out his name. Mason. Mason Luna. His name fit his face so perfectly it was almost frustrating. He seemed so perfect yet he went to my highschool.
It was the second day. And the second ever lunch period of junior year. I usually sat in the corner alone and on my phone but today he was sitting were I sit. I was freaking out I didn't know what to do. Should I sit somewhere else or just walk the other way. Then suddenly we met eyes.. he nodded and started patting the seat next to him. He actually wanted to sit with him. I looked around to see if he would of been talking to someone else but no one was behind me. I clenched my old and used tray and walked over to the seat. I stared at him just confirming further that me wanted me to sit with him. I could feel the whole cafeterias eyes on me. I reductively sat down next to him leaving a person or two space between us. I started playing with the ends of my hair. I decided to pull out my phone and act as if he wasn't even there. By the end of lunch we said nothing to each other.

This lunch situation continued consistently for about a week until he finally said something.
" are you seriously just going to ignore me forever " I could hear the slight smirk he had in his voice. " well considering thats the first thing you've said to me " I stared at him sternly. He gave a slight laugh and got up from the table and started walking away..