Gifted Eyes- Chapter 1

Prologue-
All I could think of was how hungry and cold I was...no blankets no pillows, nothing. Just me and my frozen limp body lying on a hard freezing floor, with no-one to help me.

Thats when I knew I didn't have the life I wanted, the life I wished for...the life I thought I had...

        ***

CHAPTER 1
Shadows
-Monday, June 3rd (present)-
I awaken from my grey worn out sheets, I look around at my room and theres a beautiful orangey sunrise coming in through my window brighting the place up. Making it so pretty to look at. I get up from my bed around 7:15 AM to start get ready for the day. I felt my thick brown hair tangled which I mean, it always took at least five minutes to undo. I was getting out of bed, And I noticed this shadow. This shadow was familiar; like I've seen it before only it wasn't mine. One that was kinda like mine but this one was tied up and on the floor shivering; lonely and cold. I put it in the back of my mind and got up to do my morning routine. I start walking out my apartment door when I got a call.

"David, hey its Lilly, how are you feeling?, How are the nightmares? Are they getting worse?" She said.
"Oh Hey lil, Im alright, The nightmares are ok they're getting better" I lied.
"Well thats good!, Are you coming to class today?" She said.
"Yea i'll go" I said.
"Alright, see you then"
"alright, see ya."

Im David Anderson. Im 23 year old male. And I'm Taking a part-time job and college class. I study child psychology. Observing how children develop mentally, with or around parents. Im an intern at the UCLA phycology clinic.
   ***
At exactly 12:00 PM. The class got up from their seats and started packing their bags, in a rush to get out. I was about to walk out when Lilly Thompson (my friend) stopped me and grabbed my arm to pull me aside and said, "Hey Dave, I need to talk to you" her pretty ocean eyes were concerned...tense almost. I looked at her and said, "Sure lil, what's up?"
"Are you alright, Dave?" She said.
"Yea, I'm fine. Why? Whats up?"
"What happened to your arms?"
I looked at my arms and there it was, there were these clusters of bruises on each of my forearms. A mixture of Purple, red, and yellow. And they definitely weren't there this morning. I looked  down at Lilly, " Huh, Im actually not sure" I said.
"I've never seen these kinds of bruises before, If you don't know where they came from you should probably call a doctor to check up on you." She looked at my arms again. "Do they hurt?" She said. I looked at my arms then softly pressed my bruise cluster, "yep" I chuckled. "It definitely hurts"
"You need to call a doctor"