4.

Memories

Aylin tried getting out of her room and ran to the door as fast as she could, but a hand grabbing her shoulder made her realize she was not going anywhere

Aylin tried getting out of her room and ran to the door as fast as she could, but a hand grabbing her shoulder made her realize she was not going anywhere. She stared at the Ghostface mask in front of her when the knife going into her right thigh made her scream. Aylin instinctively put her hand on the cut, the blood flowing through her fingers made her dizzy.

Ghostface smiled under the mask and forcefully pushed her to the floor. Aylin groaned and closed her eyes trying to ignore the intense pain in her shoulder. Ghostface crawled over her body and grabbed Aylin's hair before slamming her head against the ground. Aylin heard a high-pitched sound and furrowed her eyebrows. She was not sure what part of her body hurt the most. She pressed her lips holding in the tears that were building up in her eyes.

Ghostface caressed her exposed collarbone with the tip of the knife blade. Aylin could not see his face, but she could feel he was enjoying it. She stared at the mask's eyes, she did not want to give up, not yet. She looked around the room trying to find something she could use to get away from that person. The room was spinning and her blurred vision was not helping. She squinted her eyes trying to get a clear picture when she saw the shape of a person in her mirror. Aylin shut her eyes tightly and opened them again, the person in her mirror winked at her and took a deep breath motioning at Aylin to do the same. Aylin inhaled and exhaled and stared at the now crystal-clear vision of her sister.

Ghostface placed the tip of the knife on Aylin's unharmed shoulder and buried it in her skin. Aylin looked at him horrified and gritted her teeth as she looked back at her sister. Jillian smiled at her and pulled up her knee kicking the air. Aylin's eyes widened and nodded slightly. Jillian counted down to three before stating "Now".  Aylin moved her unharmed leg putting her knee up and kicked Ghostface in the balls as hard as she could. Ghostface groaned and fell on Aylin's body. Aylin pushed him off her and ran out of her house leaving a trail of blood behind her.

'Miss Prescott!' called her Mr. Redkins, her neighbor. 'I heard the screams and I called the cops, they're on their way.'

'Thank you, Mr.Redkins.'

Mr. Redkins ran toward her and pressed his hands on Aylin's wound. The blood coming out of Aylin's thigh tainted her neighbor's fingers. He looked around desperately trying to hear the police siren but they weren't anywhere near. Mr. Redkins saw Aylin's face getting paler when he saw another tear on her left shoulder.

'Oh my god' he whispered trying to cover both injuries at once.

'Mr. Redkins?' he looked at her, 'I'm cold.'

And everything went black.

...

'Aylin.'

She opened her eyes and squinted them. The light was too bright.

'Oh my god, Aylin!' the person in front of her wrapped her arms around her body.