Chapter 2~

Authors note! I was just so excited to write another chapter, I just couldn't wait! Now we get to see a little into Y/Ns life~! I go back a little before you meet Jade, hope you don't mind. Hope you enjoy, nuggies!

Y/N POV

BEEP BEEP BE-

I slam my hand down onto my annoying alarm. Another day.. I curl up under my blankets and bask in the warmth before I have to get up. Almost as if on cue, my father, Soundwave calls up to me. "Y/N! Come get breakfast!" He calls from the kitchen.

I groan as I tear myself away from my warm bed, groggily shuffling out of my room to the kitchen. My father notices me and chuckles at my messy (H/L), (H/C) hair.

"I like new hairdo, kid" He comments, ruffling my hair and making it even messier.

I playfully shove his hand away, giving him a glare. I notice his pink apron. "I like your new apron, dear father of mine" I retort before sitting down at the table. Soundwave chuckles and places a plate of pancakes in front of me, ruffling my hair once again.

"You better like it, since your father was the one to gift it to me" He smiles, sitting next to me at the table with his own plate of pancakes.

"Speaking of him, will Blaster be joining us for breakfast today?" I ask hopefully. I remember the night before, Blaster said he would be joining us for breakfast today. I was really excited.

Soundwave gives me a sad look before shaking his head softly. "Unfortunately, he was called into work before he could join us.. I'm sorry, Y/N, I know you were looking forward to this.."

I frown and slouch in my seat, sadly poking at my pancakes, feeling a loss of appetite now. "I-I lost my appetite.." I mumble, feeling myself start to tear up as I stare at my pancakes. "I'll eat them later, dad.. thank you.." I stand up, slowly starting to walk away, heading outside.

Soundwave gives me an understanding, yet sad look, nodding his head in understanding before he speaks up in a soft, caring voice "I'm sorry, Y/N.. I know you're upset, but please don't go near the ocean.. I know you like to go there, but it's not safe." He gets a little more stern sounding near the end, but I just ignore him and walk outside anyway.

It won't matter if I go to the water just for a little bit.. I have to clear my mind..

~time skip to night~

I walked along the beach for hours until night before heading to my favorite spot to rest where I begin singing my favorite song "Fight Song" by Rachel Platten.

In the middle of my singing, something in the water suddenly catches my eye. My eyes dart to the thing in the water but it disappears under before I get a good look

What was that? I could've sworn I saw something...

Authors note!

AAA this is just what lead up to what happened in Jades POV, just what you were up to instead!! Soundwave is a pretty nice father, but your other father isn't around very often.. Next chapter we're going to get more into the story, I promise! Bye, nuggies!!