Let Her Go

*At One of the Many Police Stations in Chicago*

Ana walked in with Matt right at her side and the two immediately approached the front desk.

"Sergeant." She smiled.

"Captain." Sergeant Pruitt greeted in return. "Your father's waiting for you upstairs. Whillhite!" He turned to a blonde woman lurking in a nearby hallway. "I trust that you can escort these two safely to your boss. Especially, this one. She's special."

"Don't kid yourself." The brunette rolled her eyes, fondly.

"Detective Julie Willhite. Intelligence." The other woman introduced herself and shook hands with Matt while the Captain nodded, shyly, in response. "I'll take you upstairs?"

"All right, yeah." The Lieutenant nodded.

The two firefighters followed her towards the rest of her team and they got there just in time to catch the tail end of a conversation.

". . .those two guys we flipped had scrips on 'em." Antonio explained, pausing and moving to shake Matt's hand as he approached him. "I'm so sorry, man."

"Thanks." The blond nodded.

"Hi, Daddy." Ana smiled, giving the older man a quick hug.

"Hey, Pumpkin." Hank murmured, softly, returning the embrace and pressing a gentle kiss to her cheek when she did the same.

"So where are we at?" Matt inquired as the father and daughter seperated.

"I just got off the phone-"

"I don't deal with you. I deal with Antonio." The Lieutenant muttered in warning.

The Detective glanced at his Sergeant and the older man just gestured for him to go ahead.

"M.E. report came in. Hallie was struck in the back of the head and killed before the fire started." He revealed in a grim tone.

Matt stared at the other two men in shock while Ana covered her mouth in horror. No one spoke a word until the sound of radio squelch broke the silence and Antonio reached over to turn the volume up.

"Units in 21, foot man on Taylor Street. Just confirmed sighting of your silver Magnum. 1400 block of West Taylor."

"That's the car that fled the clinic fire." The Detective realized.

*At/On the Street/Address Mentioned Above*

Matt and Ana watched from afar as the Intelligence Unit interrogated the two suspects patrol had managed to get into custody. Julie and Antonio eventually made their way over to the car the offenders had used. The same one seen speeding away from the clinic. The Lieutenant furrowed his brows and began walking over when the blonde woman started knocking on the trunk. The Captain chose to stay back by her father, unsure as to whether or not she could trust the female Detective yet.

"Looks like a lot of cars we'd find in narcotics. Generic dummy plates." Julie explained while making her way over to the passgenger's seat and sliding in. "A lot of 'em have traps built in to move the dope and cash. Okay." She murmured, working her magic. "There we go."

The radio popped open, revealing a secret compartment that had been hidden behind it.

"So what does this mean?" Matt inquired. "Who are we looking for?"

"Someone who was moving major dope." The Detective replied.

*Back At the Clinic: A Little While Later*

Ana hopped out of the passenger's seat of Hank's SUV just as a nearby patrolman held up a strip of yellow tape so they could walk underneath it. The father daughter duo proceeded to make their way over to Antonio and Julie, who were standing in front of Matt, Chief, and Kelly.