• P R O L O G U E •

I remember it was a Sunday when it happened. It was a rather normal one, if you ask me. I was on my way to meet with a friend.

"MIYOOOOOOOOUU!!" screamed a familiar voice.

A slim, male figure latched onto my body before i had time to even react. Shit.

I felt his hair brush against my cheek. To my annoyance, he had covered my eyes with a giggle.

"ACK— I swear, you are going to get killed by me sooner or later," i groaned, pushing the boy away.

This kid is koso. I fucking hate him <3 but i would still consider him as a friend, and dont get the wrong idea. I know what youre thinking.

He has messy, black hair and an unusual pair of round, crimson red eyes. His skin is dangerously pale, and his ears are ever so slightly pointed. The doctors never found anything wrong with him, though. So i guess the pale skin, pointed ears and red eyes were from some older genes his parents carried.

"Oh, come on, Miyo! Its just a bit of fun!" grinned Koso as he stepped away. "Oh, by the way, didnt you ask me to watch an anime called...Seraph of the End? Well, i finished all of season one last night. I have go agree, its pretty amazing."

I nodded subtly and then realised what he said; HE HAD FINISHED THE WHOLE OF SEASON ONE IN UNDER A DAY?!

"Wait- so youre telling me you finished the first season in a day?" I asked, just to make sure im still sane and heard that properly.

"Yeah, of course. What do you think i am? Someone who barely has anytime to watch an episode a day?" He replied smugly.

"Well, you dont exactly seem like someone who would sit down for four hours straight to watch an anime," i sighed, rolling my eyes and crossing my arms.

"AANNND GOODBYE, KOSO!" I said enthusiastically, turning away. I walked calmly at first, then checked my watch once i was sure koso couldnt see me anymore.

11:57... Good, i still have time, i thought.

I took long strides towards the café and entered slightly out of breath. You could guess my stamina with just that. First thing i did was to attempt to find my friend somewhere in the café. Afterall, she did like to be early.

There were people sitting on their own, people in pairs chatting over a cup of coffee, and people in groups of three or four, either all on their phones or talking really loudly.

But they werent who i was looking for.

I knew she would be sitting down at the corner of the café, by a window, waiting for me, if she was already there.

"Who is she?," you might be asking. She is one of my only friends, Yuiki Anamane. She has distinct, long pale-blue hair with waves done in two low pigtails; always. If not, then i'd say she thinks shes "in need of a change". She also has a pair of soft amber eyes that appear to glow in the dark at times. She's actually quite short, at around 150cm tall. Hmm? Youre that tall too?

I look around once more, in search of Yuiki's blue hair and small figure when i caught sight of familiar amber eyes. Could that be Yuiki? Probably not. Even so, i couldnt help but wonder...

"Oh! Mii-chan! Over here!" the girl with amber eyes called out. Something about her voice sounded a lot like Yuiki's aswell. "TSUGOUCHI MIYOSHI!!"

Holy shit that was loud.

"Huh-" i gasped, confused at the sudden noise. Oh. So that girl is Yuiki. "Oh, wait- so- you're yuiki!"

I took a few quick seconds and let a few thoughts flash about my mind. Why does Yuiki have half blonde half black hair now? I mean, yeah she's still wearing her hair in two low pigtails but why did she dye her hair?? Like?? Hello???