• O N E •

i woke up, and the first thing i saw was a familiar pair of red eyes looking down on me. He blinked, and screamed right after.

"MIYO, I SWEAR TO WHO EVER IS UP THERE I THOUGHT YOU DIED-" cried Koso, stumbling backwards, out of my view.

"......Koso.?" I muttered, almost sure that he was dead.

"Yeeeehs?" He replied with his usual grin.

"What happened? Why am i lying on the ground? Why is there no one around us? Where are we?" I blurted out, questions clouding my mind.

"..."

"Koso..?"

"I dont know where we are. It looks...a little like a scene from an anime," Koso mumbled, thinking thoroughly.

I groaned in pain as i tried to sit up. I struggled as Koso thought deeper and tried to make sense of the situation. He seemed to be calmer than he usually was. It was weird.

"Hey, do you mind helping me up? Im kinda in pain right now," i said, just barely pushing myself off the ground.

"Hmm? Oh, right. Juuuust a second," laughed Koso, reaching for my hand. He grasped firmly onto my right hand and pulled me up.

"Thank you. Now, why does this place look so familiar..?" I said, then laughed dryly. Now that i was sitting up, it was easier to look around.

I saw dozens of extremely run-down buildings, some of them tilting towards the ground. The street was completely empty, apart from a few abandoned cars along with bending road signs and piles of rubble.

"Thats what i was thinking," muttered Koso in response.

I cautiously stood up and stretched my whole body. I let out a deep breath and sucked in some air (ah yes, air). The air was thick and dirty. Much thicker than the air in kyoto. It was quite dificult to breath at first, but i got used to it quickly.

"Ahh..." I gasped with a smile. I brushed the dirt off my shirt and jeans and grabbed Koso's wrist. "Come on, let's go look for people."

"As much as i would love to, i would prefer not," he replied, sighing.

I stared into his crimson eyes, confused. "Why?"

Koso looked away. "I feel its better we stay here. It feels a little safer. Going to look for people sounds logical, but theres a low chance anyone is actually here."

"Well, no shit sherlock," i said, beginning to lose patience. I sighed before saying, "we'll search to the best of our ability."

Koso looked at me, worried. His crimson eyes grew darker, and his pale skin was paler than ever.

"What if we arent even in our world..?" Koso muttered, letting himself be pulled along.

I stopped. I panicked. Koso could be right. We could be in a completely different world.

(Eventually they get going, but almost immediately they get cornered by a horseman from Seraph of the End. Koso is nearly killed by the horseman, but miyo begins to fight it. She manages to keep herself and koso alive until a member of the japanese inperal demon moon army shows up. They kill the horseman and brought both miyo and koso back to their hideout. Miyo automatically makes up a cover story for her confusion of the world; she has been unconscious for the past eight years, and only woke up that day to koso standing over her. End of chapter.)