04 - status report

🌙

🌙

L O N D O N

June | 2016

She followed him
down the streets of London.

   The midday sun began to peak through the overcast clouds, making the wet pavement sparkle like stars. Until they reached the familiar building from a few days prior.

"Now," Marc stated as he clapped his hands once they were alone in his storage room. "Explain to me what's going on."

"The person who sent me to kill you, wants me dead." Alex began, doing her best to sell her desperate eyes.

Marc frowned. "Why?"

"I had enough of what they put me through. So, I ran." Her voice cracked with short breaths and squeezing her eyes shut to let tears fall quicker. Yet, the tears that spilled lack genuine sadness as those were wasted several years ago.

"Don't worry, you're safe. I can help you get away." He stated with a stern tone, crouching down to her level, as he never knew how to react to a person crying.

Alex stared back at him as she swallowed, wiping her tears with a sigh and a nod. Satisfaction grew inside her mind, knowing she gained his sympathy.

And the plan was working.

"I have something that can keep them from finding you..." He trailed off as he reached for something in his pocket. Marc glanced at her showing his knife in front of him. "I can get rid of that tracker stuck in your leg, then they can't control you anymore."

That wasn't part of the plan.

She didn't fully process what he ment until he grabbed her leg.

With her facade of innocent she shifted away. "What are you doing? I thought you were going to help me, not kill me."

"Trust me, I'm not going to kill you, yet." He ignored her as he tapped her thigh a few times until his fingers stopped in a specific spot.

"There it is."

She put the nose of her gun on his forehead as he brought the knife directly above where the tracker was. "Don't. You. Dare."

"Relax, it's going to fast and you won't have to worry about being under their control." Marc assured with little worry about the weapon on his head. Her heart increased as he barely pressed the tip of the knife.

She clicked the hammer of the pistol and pushed the gun further. "But they will be in control. Take it out and they still be eliminate me as their failure."

He immediately stared at her for the last part of her sentence. She held eye contact as she knew this was her chance to put a blow into his head.

"It's much more complicated than a silly device in my thigh." She added.