⟨ 014 ⟩

I Love You

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ♡︎♡︎♡︎
HEADACHES WERE NOT exactly frequent for Shikami despite his revolting sleep schedule and large consumption of caffeine. It was quite a miracle that he only ever passed out twice, but that was not something to be proud of hence the disapproving shakes of his co-workers heads as he recounted the times he fainted and Yoojin was there to catch him.

Mitsuki, having already sealed her fate as Shikami's not so biological mother, held a small plastic bag filled with medicine, all for him in case he experienced headaches, muscle aches, stomachaches, and any type of ache she had thought of while at the pharmacy. It was one of the very rare times where she'd actually step foot out of the second affiliate and venture through the streets of South Korea, but she only did so for the sake of Shikami and his health.

While Ryuhei on the other hand felt compelled to take care of the shorter. It wasn't like he wouldn't willingly sacrifice a hand for him, but he still held hesitant feelings for him since he was, by all means, fully capable of killing him with a single swift movement of his hand. Even with their obvious difference in body size, stamina, and strength, there was still no certainty that he could overpower the knife welding executive. Though he must admit, seeing him more relaxed with him and not using his mask so tightly felt relieving to a certain degree, it meant he was more comfortable with him now, perhaps even more than with Kenta.

After retelling the times he fainted, Shikami was now in a deep talk about how he was like when he was in high school and middle school, reminiscing the times where he was still yet to be deemed as an incredible handler of knives and deemed as a threat to a human being. They were amazed just how much Shikami can actually talk, his talkative side was much more enjoyable than his gloomy mood, always avoiding conversations and even going as far as avoiding people. They thanked whatever God out there that finally got him to be more expressive and comfortable with them.

"There was also a time where I thought I was eating chocolate but it was actually a flower vase made from horse ashes."

As expected, everyone was disturbed upon hearing this, Shikami's grinning face did not help the scenario at all either. Kenta was just about to respond — asking how he did not know that he was not eating chocolate — but the sound of the door opening abruptly without a knock beforehand made them all stop in their movements, becoming serious in a split second until they realized it was only Yoojin.

"May I have my boyfriend now?" His simple question naturally had the answer yes to it, though some were tempted to say no. Namely Ryuhei and Mitsuki, both were about to grab Shikami's arm each but he was quicker than light, momentarily forgetting so because of how clumsy he'd become lately.

With a small and excited bounce in his step, Shikami made a beeline to where his boyfriend stood, pecking him sweetly before waving goodbye to his co-workers.