chapter two

It wasn't that Eddie hated the mall, he had been to it before the accident in '85 he just wasn't up for socializing so soon, regardless of everything happening nearly a year ago. Especially in a place surrounded with citizens who tried to hunt him down last year. However, Nancy was very very good at getting him to agree to go. She pulled the Jonathan has weed from California card and knew the older male would tag along. Not to mention the promise of seeing Steve Harrington in a uniform. He's heard they worked there when the mall first opened but he rarely was around and never got to see it so he was excited.

Eddie was positive that if the uniform had shorts he was going to die. He's seen Steve shirtless countless times and in short shorts during gym back in highschool but that was before the guy got all this muscle and fought demons. He had to have packed on more muscle since then. So yes, he was dying to catch a glimpse of his baby girl in shorts, he just wasn't going to make it obvious.

"Eddie man, it's good to see you out and about we've missed you." Jonathan had said once they climbed out of Nancy's station wagon, pulling the other into a tight hug.

Eddie chuckled, returning the hug briefly before stepping back to nervously rub the back of his head. "Uh yeah, well, Nance mentioned a store in here that sold dice and stuff."

Jonathan chuckled. "So, you were swindled by a Wheeler. Yeah, that checks out."

Nancy lightly shoved them both, rolling her eyes with a smile. "Oh there's another reason he agreed to come along."

Eddie glared her down, pointing a finger at her. "Oi! You shut your mouth, Wheeler."

A laugh left her as they walked through the doors, hooking her arms with both of the men. "Jonathan is up to speed with everything Eds, so you're fine."

"Hey, after you helped Will accept himself, I'm extremely grateful to you. No judgment here. Not to mention I think you'd be good for Steve." Byers added as they headed towards the large 'Scoops Ahoy' sign.

"Oh, how's the kid doing by the way, I've been meaning to… to um…," Eddie trailed off mid sentence when he spotted him.

There he was. Steve Harrington in all his glory with an adorable little hat, spinning a scooper around and in the tightest pair of shorts Eddie has ever laid his eyes on. No amount of his imagination could have dreamed this up. It was ethereal and unreal. How is one man that fucking attractive in literally anything he wore. Eddie swore if he bent over he'd rip a seam or pop a button and by God it took all of his self control to not chub up right now in the mall.

Robin spotted them first, eyes bursting with joy when she saw him. "EDDIE!!!" Her voice could probably be heard throughout the entire place as she jumped over the counter and sprinted towards him after Steve greeted them.

Eddie was thankful for his quick reflexes, catching her immediately and giving her a little spin before setting her on her feet, his smile growing. "Wow Buckley, if I knew I'd get a reaction like that I would've come around sooner."

She rolled her eyes at his statement, smacking his arm. "Oh shut up, it's felt like forever since you graced us with your wonderful presence. I take it Nancy dragged you out of your cave?"

The girl snickered softly as she stepped up to the counter to order, having to get Steve's attention first. "He had no choice, Johnathan has the Californian good stuff."

Eddie shrugged, grinning widely. "What can I say, I'm a sucker for good grass." Steve handed Nancy her ice cream when Eddie came to lean up against the counter, that grin spreading widely across his face. "So Sailor, have any recommendations on your best flavors?"