Prologue

Today is the day of my execution... A rebellion led by my dear sister, my most trusted general, a black witch, and... Allison Grey...

He fell from the sky not too long ago and I gave him shelter, food, proper clothes and I was repaid with execution.

They cut my beautiful auburn hair, chained me, and dragged me to the platform with the guillotine waiting for my head to roll.

I stood proudly on that platform, looking down at those who betrayed me.

I wasn't the perfect queen but I struggled everyday trying my best to protect my people, the people who now boo and curse me.

"Any last words, Miss Queenie Hearts?" Allison asked with that smug smile of his.

"... Long live the queen of hearts," I said staring him straight in the eyes with a smug smile of my own.

His smile dropped, "Execute her!" he shouted as the masses cheered.

I put my head on the guillotine and closed my eyes as I heard the blade drop...

------------

I awoke this morning feeling a little unpleasant.

"Is there something wrong, your majesty?" Asked my maid Anne.

"Just a bad dream is all," I said with a smile.

"I see, it's time for your coronation, we have to get you ready as soon as possible," she said excitedly.

I nodded and got out of bed feeling slightly sluggish.

I was dressed in the grandest gown with the finest fur around my neck and a big responsibility waiting behind those door, I stood there, waiting for the grand doors to open.

I was only 16, my parents went missing last year and the kingdom Hearts needed a ruler.

My sister Eve Hearts was younger than me so I was the next in line. I felt nervous and anxious but I knew I needed to be tough.

I needed to grow up, but a feeling of forebode wouldn't leave me. I don't want to rule. I'm not ready.

But I had to step up... And do everything I can to protect what my mother and father have built.

The doors opened and the nobles clapped and cheered when I entered.

"Do you, Queenie Scarlet Hearts, accept the responsibility of caring for this kingdom and the duty of protecting this kingdom, to provide peace and tranquility to the people?"

"I accept," I answered as he placed the big crown on my head and handed me the scepter of hearts.

The coronation went off without a hitch and I had to mingle with other nobles.

I tried to act mature but a voice inside me was telling me I was naive.

I tried to be cold and pretend to be calm despite my inner turmoil.

I started feeling lightheaded but I kept going. I couldn't look bad in front of my people.

Then I saw him. My heart started to flutter and break at the same time.

"Hello, your majesty," He bowed.

"I am Theodore Spade, it's nice to make your acquaintance," he said with a bright smile.

He had dark hair like midnight and shining gold eyes.

My headache started to get worse... Was it because of him?

"The pleasure is all mine," I said weakly.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

Everything started to blur and echo as I closed my eyes and blacked out.