Chapter 1

"Ladies and gentlemen of the court, you may begin your reports," I said cheerfully.

"Your majesty, my family and I have been going through a rough time trading because of limited roads, I request a new road may be made for trading," requested Count Liam Orin.

I signed off on that request every time in every life because I thought it was a reasonable request to add a new trading road, but I later discovered that he had used those roads for slave trades and illegal magic wares which were all pinned on me because I singed off on it.

"I decline your request, unless the trade road is co-signed by another kingdom I refuse to consider it. It would be inconsiderate after all to just barge in another kingdom, don't you think? I wouldn't want the kingdom Slade to just barge in and build a road on Hearts' land without permission, don't you agree?" I smiled.

The majority of people nodded in agreement, thinking it was a fair assumption.

If I just did the request without a second thought Count Orin would be in charge of where to actually put the road, because I had no idea how to do it and I didn't know that he hadn't even contacted the other kingdom either, so I unknowingly did something illegal. But most people here knew that and used it to their advantage.

The count didn't take my refusal so well but it's not like he could do anything about it.

"Your majesty, there has been a considerable amount of gold spent from the treasury and we nobles think it's best if we raise the tax," Requested duke Whiterose.

Duke Amore Whiterose is the son of Duke Abraham Whiterose who disappeared with my parents. He's 4 years older than me but just as gullible as I was when I first started.

The Whiterose family come from a long line of generals and Duke Abraham was no different. But when he dissappeared the position of Duke was given to Amore and the position of General was given to Lilica Whiterose. My dear General. I thought we were friends.

What a pity...

"The treasury was drained to search for my parents and your father, it isn't fair to the citizens of this kingdom who are already having a hard time to have such a weight be placed on their shoulders," I said, childishly crossing my arms.

"Then what do you propose we do?" Asked Viscount Lizette.

"I will sell all my uneeded jewelry, dresses, and valueables, to gain capital for a new business, that will provide for the kingdom's citizens and the kingdom's treasury,"

The nobles whispered in outrage. It was unheard of for a queen or noble lady who isn't poor to 'sell' their belongings. They just kept it in a box for safekeeping.

But what do I need all those jewels for? The kingdom needs it more than I do.

If I were to raise the tax, that would cause many citizens to suffer and lead to a rebellion.

"Order in the court," I said gently.

But they didn't listen. I smiled and watch them anger over my decisions.

I snapped my fingers and my soldiers immediately moved forward and lined up as warning.

All the nobles stopped immediately.

"I said order in the court. I will hear no more of this request since it has been resolved," I said, swinging my legs.

And they moved onto the next request. I can't believe I actually cared about the personal problems of these greedy nobles.

The meeting ended with no further requests and only reports.

Eventually, it would be hard to control these nobles, but what is a kingdom without its people? As long as rumors spread and the commoners are on my side, it'll be hard to take me out especially since my sister is such a sheltered girl and beloved for being a commoner.

The nobles will be caught in the rebellion.

My mother's best friend was a commoner and when she died my mother raised Eve as her own. How could she betray her sister?

2 year had passed and the bakeries I opened were a huge success. Not only did it give jobs to those who had none, it also fed the people, and gave back slowly but surely to the treasury.

To the commoners I was their angel queen but to the nobles I was a threat. Though from time to time I gave them some peace offerings but they found it hard to move with me eyeing their every move.

My main problem was with Alvin Gerard. He was a merchant's son and was always bullied by other noble boys for being a commoner. He was in love with my sister and hated me.

I often saw him because he was also in charge of tracking the treasury. Though sometimes some slick nobles got passed him, he never stole from the kingdom in any of my lives.

He helped Eve kill me but it was hard to find anyone else to guard the treasury.

Lilica was busy with the military, Amore had his own duties, I couldn't possibly do it myself, and I couldn't trust any of the other nobles.

I would have a trusted servant guard it if they weren't so vulnerable. It would be too easy to get rid of them without consequence.

This would be the year Allison Grey would fall from the sky and covet my throne by seducing women to get rid of me.

Only he could find the black witch. One of my biggest threats. "My queen!" Scrambled Anne as she barged into my office.

"Anne? What's wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"A strange man has fallen from the sky!" She exclaimed out of breath.

"Fallen from the sky? How ridiculous, where is this man now?" I said, not being able to stop a smile.

'I've waited quite a while for you. I've set the stage, now I want to see just how well you can play my game,'

"Princess Eve is taking care of him as we speak, my queen,"

"My sister? Oh, well he's in good hands then, is he conscious?" I asked with a concerned look.

"No, my queen," I nodded.

'We can't play while you're sleeping now can we,'

"Tell me when he's conscious, then prepare him to meet me in the throne room," I said dismissing Anne.

"Yes, your majesty," she said closing the door.

I sighed then looked out the window.

"I hope you don't bore me, Allison. Not before I've cut your strings," I said to no one in particular, laughing happily.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°and cut!°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°