Pilot: Chapter 1

Introduction: Character comment prologue

"This is not a love story. Not even a story I want to tell. You'll be uncomfortable. You'll cringe. You'll sympathize.

In the end— you won't get closure from this. You'll get the truth—My truth"

-Anonymous

BROOKE WILLIAMS

"If you hate me that bad—then get the fuck out!", I picked up her bags, tossing them onto the floor with the other things.

She sat there with no words. She's been sitting like that since I started wrecking the place. Everything was either broken or flipped over by then.

I knew what her silence meant...

Which was all of the reasons I was raising hell.

"Go back to your mother's house! Go sleep with those niggas again. Go run that pussy again", I threw her purse at her.

Disregarding being hit the first, she remained silent and still. I then picked up something else, and threw it her way—this time missing.

"Why you still sitting there, get the fuck out! I don't want to see you!", yelled.

She then quietly got up—picking up the purse that was thrown.

"Yeah get up and get out !!", I provoked her.

As she stood—she viewed the mess I created and then...

"I'll be back later. I'm going to pick up Noah", She adjusted her purse strap.

"Don't fucking lie! Don't you lie, Armani!", I threaten, tears streaming.

"Brooke... just please", her voice sighed .

"Yo, I swear. You're just like everyone else. You're a stupid bitch. You know that?", I got closer to her, "You make me sick", I cried.

She nods, "I know...I'll be back though ", she repeats, turning to leave.

I grabbed her arm, " Nobody won't ever love you like I loved you Armani", I told her, holding a tight grip on her arm.

"I know Brooke. I'll be back okay?", she says softly.

I stared at her for a moment, and then released her. I didn't say anything more. I watched her bypass all of the wreckage—then just like that... she left out the door.

My heart broke into pieces.

How did I get here?

***

Two years Ago

"Do you need a bag or not?", I asked the lady, after being frustrated with her.

She gives me a look, "I'll take one—brown bag".

Slight eye roll, "Here you go, enjoy your day".

"Next customer, step down", I shout.

3 hours later—my shift was finally over and I was relieved I didn't work this weekend.

While clocking out, I was holding a conversation on the phone with my best friend: April.