Insomnia: Chapter 3

NALS003

BROOKE WILLIAMS

"Thank you", I said to the DoorDash man, as I closed the door.

I took the bag filled with items to the table, and sat them down.

"Come get your stuff", I told Armani.

Armani cheesed hard, walking over to the bag. I watched her pull out her hot Cheetos and ice cream.

"Thanks, you're a doll", Armani playfully thanked. She took a seat at the table.

I rolled my eyes, "Mhmm", I said—now digging for items.

Picking up my Apple juice first—shook it before twisting off the cap. I then automatically took a gulp of it.

"Is it good?", I heard Armani's voice

Mid-drinking I rolled my eyes, and then finally removed the small bottle from my lips.

"It's aight", I say, "Just thirsty as shit". I closed the bottle back.

It was quiet for a second until...

"I need my nails done", Armani says aloud, looking at her fingers.

"Why are you telling me?", I frown.

Armani looked at me and rolled her eyes...

"Don't be stupid. I'm just speaking out loud. Like damn, it's a regular girl conversation", She says.

"Oh—well I was just making sure", I say.

Armani shook her head, "Are you single because I'll be surprised if you're actually with someone".

Not really liking her comment...

"What is that supposed to mean?", I frowned.

"I'm just saying I can't imagine you being all nice and romantic with someone", She says.

Girl stfu

"Girl shut up", I spoke, "You act like you knew me for years or something".

"No but this small amount of time is proving my statement", She says.

"Okay and maybe this is just a fraction of me. You don't know me like that", I say.

"So you're saying you're nice in relationships? Because you seem bothered by my opinion".

"I'm not saying anything. I'm honestly trying to tell you to mind your business", I say.

Armani rolled her eyes, "Whatever you're mad backwards".

"Backwards how?", I didn't understand.

"You can tell me how you strap girls but can't tell me if you're nice in relationships—that's mad backwards", Armani says.

Frowning, "I never told you how I strap girls. You asked me about if I took strap or some shit. I just told you I give. AND you didn't ask me if I'm nice in relationships—you just gave me your assumption on how I'm not", I corrected her.

"Never said that but okay", Armani says.

I just rolled my eyes, "Look— I could care less about this conversation. I'm going to bed. I'll be at the bottom of the bed— goodnight", I brushed it all off.

"Mhm goodnight", Armani says.

ARMANI THOMAS