Chapter 9: Secret Meet Up

After an uneventful day of school, I told Nicole I had to meet up with the heist group.
"Ok, I'll tell mom you went out." Nicole said bye, then left.
I made my way to the train (because Walater was taking Sylvia to the hair salon and Alfredo took Nicole to her friend's house.)
So I made the decision to follow @babyj77 to this random cafe.

As I went in, I saw nearly everyone in the group. And...
Jasmine.
"Jas!"
"What?"
I recognized her. Jasmine Lee.

One of the most popular students in the school. She had been in our class for years, as queen bee- that is, until she failed her exams and became a professional mlbb player. It was rumored she was given an opportunity to reenter Titan Academy, yet declined for unknown reasons... And here she is today.

"Why did you leave?"
She gave me a look saying Wait ur turn and I immediately recognized it.
"So, Hao, you and Chloe have a plan to take the organization down- by starting a blog?" Jasmine said, a confused look on her face.
"Yes, and trust me. IT WILL WORK! I just have to find a way how."
"Well I know."
"Publish the blog, then."
I froze.
"What?"
"If you make it public, I know a guys who's knows a guy who knows many people and they can spread word. I can do it for you." Jasmine said.
"I even know a person who knows a person," and that's when a girl walked in.
I instantly knew who.
Tasha.

"Hey, JianHao! Long time no see, huh?"
Woah.
Tasha had also been in our class, like Jasmine, yet after the heist her whereabouts remained unknown. It was rumoured she was a relative of Mrs regna, but that died down too.
But really: how did Jasmine and Tasha know we were here? How did they know the blog?

"Hey JianHao! Oh my gosh, long time no see. Anyways, what happened to the school? Anything interesting? And-"
"Tasha please, we don't have that much time," Jasmine was impatient already.
"So, JianHao, I know a few people who know some, like I said. Publish it and it will gain attention. You in?"
"Hmm, ok." JianHao thought. If it were to save Denise and a few people it would be worth it.
"Also, we are going to have to rebel, make it clear we don't want the organization."
"Meaning that all messages have to be secret, using these burner phones." Jasmine said, handing out phones. (I felt like they were my phones)
"The organization can hear every woed we say, so we must not slip word here. Got it?"
We nodded in agreement.
"Settled then," Jasmine raised her Thai milk tea as a raise.
And this was the commencement of our plan.

Maddy was walking around, angry. What does Vincent see in Denise? I'm equally smart like her, obviously not a know it all like her, but still. I just think he used me the whole time.
She saw Vincent fawing over Denise, about to ask something.
"Hey, Denise?"
She turned around in annoyment.
"Can you help with questions 1-20?"
Denise however got the paper and threw it. She wasn't chatting to Vincent. He is a distraction.
"But...but... Denise! I need help! And your smart to know this." Vincent replied in despair.
"Get Maddy to do it. You ignore her and she's smart too." Denise's tone was sullen, pessimistic like.
"And, Vincent?"
He turned around.
"Stop talking to me," Denise was as cold as ice. "You are a distraction, like Jianhao and the rest of this school."
And she walked away in angst.

Vincent had no choice but to go up to Maddy. After all, the girl he had feelings for was against him, and he couldn't change that.
Maddys face was staring out to the open distance.
"Maddy?"
She looked up.
"I do need help after all. Sorry I was with Denise this whole time, she just doesn't appreciate me."

And she realised the change of heart Vincent had felt. She knew this should take a long time to adjust, but she felt happy for the first time.

Teverley was reading a book, which was enclosed as The Great works of Algebra, Vol 1. Yet it was really Sunnys diary.
He had read it before, having gotten access to it, and though his plan was to expose JianHao to Mrs Regna and mr Alan, they would brainwash him anyway. And the school.
As he walked into the office, their smiles remained temporarily on.
"Ah. Teverley! Knew you were here to help us," Mr Alan's face was of pure delight. "I have Denise here for you, like we said, she is your study buddy, and will be with you."
"If JianHao tries to interfere in any way, you just drag him to me," handing him a small tranquilliser dart. "This will knock him out in seconds!"
Teverley didn't know, he did want to stay in their good books, and though JianHao was not a bright person to stay around, he didn't deserve to be brainwashed. The school didn't.
"Sir, are you sure? This seems... extreme."
And Mrs Regna agreed too.
"Are you sure here, Teverley? Or would you like to lose your... scholarship?" His voice wavered.
And Teverley had no choice, but would have to comply. Otherwise...
"Good," Mr Alan said cunningly. He laughed with hint of insanity in him.

Class had begun. T1T5 was not the jovial class it was. Few others such as Pei Shi, Ren Yi xiang, and especially Denise, had drastically changed in their habits, their eyes circling when any student was against them in a way.
The group of students had made a pact to not interfere with them, until they found a way to make them normal again. And Jianhao found it hard, especially to not talk to Denise, his former lover, yet he knew it was right. For his safety.

As Trev and abbey were working, Denise was walking nearby them, so sullen.
That's when Trev stuck his foot out, unknowingly, and she fell.
"Hey," Denise sounded colder than usual. "Have some respect for your classmate, why don't you?"
Yet Trev was unfazed by this. Abbey, Ben and hakim watched in shock. They knew that, by the words of JianHao, not to make talk with the brainwashed students.
"Please," Trev laughed. "Just because you are fancy shamancy, acting like your the head of us, you think your above us?"
Denise just stared at Trev before walking off, knowing that he would get something. Just not now.
Everyone was all shocked. Now that Denise had shown everyone what threat she could do (and the other brainwashed students), they were on thin ice already.
Ms Sofia came in. "Ok guys..."

Lessons had ended. It was time for lunch.

But before Trev could go to the canteen, he got stopped by Mrs Regna about something.
"Ahh, Trev! Just the person we have been looking for." She was grinning, but evilly.
"Wh-what do you want?" He sounded scared in tine.
"Now, is that how you speak to your teacher? Certainly not how you speak to a head student either," and she grabbed Trev into the office before he could go out.