The Meeting

I haven't written in a long time but wanted to write a deeper story. Excuse my grammatical errors and Lmk if you like it. Thanks for reading!🤹‍♂️
————————

  Derry had been a small town. The kind of town where you'd only know it existed if you had witnessed it.

  In the month I've been at this school I've studied peoples interactions. My leather bound notebook was filled with information about my fellow students, some of it might make me seem like a stalker though it's not meant to be that way.

  My life had been rather lonely for as long as I can remember. I've moved three times in the past few years so any connection I'd have would be left to nothing in a matter of months. It wasn't all bad though. I had learned to keep my mind occupied.

  Today had felt like any ordinary day. I listened to lectures and watched life slip by me. A sudden anxiety filled my stomach but that had happened on multiple occasions before when people have tried to communicate with me.

  While standing in the halls between classes, this sinking sensation lingered as I held out my journal. I turned a few pages and looked around for ideas of what to jot down. My head hung low for maybe three seconds before a loud slam of metal is heard echoing through the halls.

  Jolting my head up I notice a group known as the Bowers gang. I've watched them from a distance before as they terrorized younger students in the town of Derry. They were selfish assholes who had nothing better to do.

    Slammed against the locker was who I've discovered earlier to be Eddie Kaspbrak. The guy holding his small frame against the locker being Henry, the leader of the the notorious group. There were two other guys from the gang that had begun chasing everyone else in the halls out, their reputation being the driving force behind it.

  As I continued writing down my observations I back myself up towards the end of the lockers, hiding behind them so I could watch, my conscience weighing down on me.

I should probably help this boy.

   As my book snapped closed I slid it into my bag and began the shameful walk towards the small boy and the aggressive leader.

  I try to straighten myself out in the hopes of looking intimidating but I'm sure they can smell my fear.

  It happens in an instant. When I finally reach the halfway point through the hallway my hand gets grabbed and I'm immediately pinned to the same set of lockers except by the taller lankier boy. My guess is that he had stayed hidden in the classroom across the hall in case someone tried to escape. My head starts to throb from the impact and I meet the boys gaze.

  Long raven stringy locks of hair with a smirk meant to kill. Dark eyes that looked hungry and chapped lips that stretched across his face.

'Where do you think you're going?' Growled the one pinning me to the lockers.

'I..uh' Was all I managed to mutter.

' what's your name doll?' He says leaning in to smell me.

'Y/n...' I squeak.

'The names Patrick.' He replies.

I tried not to let him know that I knew his name already. They were my most interesting subjects to write about.

'I've seen you lurking in the dark..'

Shit

'taking notes and staying hidden' he added with his killer smile.

This is bad

'How about this...' he meets my ear.

'meet me outside after school.' He says as almost a growl.

  Eddie had been dropped to the ground, immediately pulling out his inhaler and gasping for air. Henry had ran off with the other two from his gang and it was just us and the small wheezing boy in the hallway.

   Patrick proceeds to give my ear a quick lick and before I knew it I had dropped to the ground as well, his laughter filling the halls.

  I stand up and smooth the bottom of my dress trying to process what had just happened. As I turn to look at Eddie his face looks confused, eyebrows raising. He began running off before I had the chance to say anything.

  There was one more class before school let out and I decided I should probably skip. I hide in a restroom stall while writing down the events from the hallway. This is the most interaction I've had since I moved to Derry.

  About an hour had passed and the last bell rang, the halls flooding with students. When I walked out of the restroom I pushed through the sea of people towards the exit.

As I reach the crisp outside air I hear the rev of an engine. I look over to see a blue Trans Am, a staple for the Bowers gang. Henry was leaning against the car yelling at one of his minions about something stupid.

'Hey' a mysterious voice said, making me jump.

   Looking to where the voice came from I see a certain tall lanky figure leaning against the brick wall. I had hoped Patrick forgot our interaction from earlier. No such luck.

'Come with me' the voice said.

   I knew this was not a good idea but I also didn't feel like getting beaten to death so I oblige the orders and follow Patrick, seeming to lead to the blue car. When we reach the end of the lawn Henry steps towards us getting the attention of the other two boys.

'Is this the new toy?' Henry asks as he grabs a lock of my hair, twirling it in his finger.

Patrick only smirks at him and motions for me to enter the car.

'I really need to go home... my parents are expecting me' I say with a nervous strain in my voice.

The dark eyes and his towering structure coming towards me said I didn't have a choice.

—————————————-
That's it for the first chapter. I used to write more stories but had taken a long break. I would love some feedback. : )