Patrick

Patrick Hockstetter did not die that early Sunday morning.

  When the firefighters had arrived there wasn't a soul in the house. Some singed rope showed up attached to a support beam but no other signs of life were visible other than the gas can that had been left on the porch.

  Patrick was of course the first suspect. They had no proof but Patrick had always been messed up even from an early age. His parents didn't seem surprised when the police called him in for questioning.

  When the police had to send him back home due to lack of evidence, Patrick kept his head down. Well... in the way that you'd expect Patrick to keep his head down. He still messed with the younger children from school but he was always rather good at not getting caught.

That same morning that he had nearly died, he found himself rushing over to his (attempted) murderers house. His vision was red with rage and he knew he'd finally get his revenge on the girl who had cheated him.

He knew all. He was the master manipulator and she was an idiot for not remaining in her place.

That day at Henry's he had overheard the two speaking of their affair. A few days later, he had also heard Victor talking about their kiss that they shared. And finally, he had spotted her sneaking back into her house that day that she had slept over at Beverly's, though he didn't exactly know the Beverly part. Only assumed.

When he had kicked open the girls front door and ran up the stairs, he saw the bathroom door shut and knew she was in there. When he slowly twisted the knob, making sure she wouldn't notice his entry, he opened the door and saw her.

I guess there wasn't a point in being sneaky.

-

  Patrick's demise had not been left to some girl he'd met maybe a month earlier or even to himself. Instead it was left to some thing. Some being bigger than himself and anyone else in this town. It.

  When he'd gotten back to his old life of torturing children he'd slipped up and landed himself in a situation.

Henry had started to slice some kids stomach, but the kid somehow escaped his grasp and now it was Patrick's turn to play.

After tumbling down a steep hill, he and Belch had searched the creek for the boy though Patrick would unknowingly never return. Voices seemed to call out to him from the Barren's tunnels. Young and shrieky voices.

He smirks as he grabs his lighter and can, thinking he had finally captured the boy, and heads into the tunnels. His boots squish beneath him in the murky water and he lights his path seeing multiple directions the boy may have turned.

As he searches for the boy, he calls out into the tunnels trying to taunt him. As the voices grow closer he believes that he'd finally caught up.

Au Contraire, Patrick.

The last thing left of Patrick became a missing poster on a telephone pole. Well, that and the guys memories as well as my own.

While Derry was infested by some creature that lives in the sewers, the small town still seemed brighter at the loss of a devious soul. Kids seemed happier, High school girls felt safer, And more importantly, I'm sure his parents finally felt some form of relief.

While technically the town hadn't known it yet, Patrick Hockstetter was finally dead. His villainous run had come to an end and that was the last anyone had ever felt the fear he drove into their heads. Until his return 27 years in the future that is.

—————

Short chapter but I didn't want to go too far into describing the movie. I'm sure if you're reading this that you've probably seen it lol.