00

I have served.
I will be of service.

It was supposed to be Athens. After years as a bartender at the Continental in New York, it was time for Cynthia to see and experience something new. To explore the world, and as an employee of a Continental, it should not be difficult to start somewhere in the world at another Continental.

After Cynthia asked Winston if the manager would be able to get her a place in Athens, his answer was that Charon would let her know if anything came up.

Before Cynthia got an answer, sun and sea became another city. The head of the Paris Continentals had visited the city and at the end of the visit she had a job in Paris.

The man, John Wick, was dead. Supposed to be dead. A thing no one believed. Believed and not believed, wanted to believe, because that would mean there were people who actually considered it.

Not because it was impossible that John Wick could be dead, but because it was just an obvious lie.

Winston, of all people, was supposed to have killed the most famous assassin in the underworld. No, it was an open secret that Baba Yaga and the hotel manager were friends. Close friends for decades.

"You know the man," Cynthia heard Vincent's voice, early, much too early, a whole day too early, "the New York manager. What can I expect from him?"

"In what way, expect?" echoed Cynthia, not understanding what her employer wanted her to know, "Winston is loyal and conscientious. He's a great employer. His expectations are high, so he's strict and meticulous, but fair."

"Things the High Chamber doesn't see that way," Vincent replied, making Cynthia think evil, "We're going to New York. We'll pay a little visit to the Continental."

This visit would not be small. And certainly not trivial, even though Vincent would like to make it sound that way.