Her

Before heading to the party, Rafe and I decide to make a quick stop by his house to change. I grab some jean shorts and a black tube top from Sarah's closet and Rafe's black Carhartt hoodie. He puts on a random black polo that was on the floor and some orange shorts then we leave to meet up with Topper at his friend's house. Once we get there Rafe puts his hand around my waist and pulls me closer to him. As we enter everyone starts cheering Rafe like he's a celebrity, after all, he's the Kook king. We sit around the table with Kelce, Topper, and Mason, Topper's friend. A few people start joining us waiting for the drug dealing to start. Rafe starts pulling a bag of coke and that's my cue to leave and look for Sarah. I've always disliked Rafe's "attachment" to the white substance but I was never brave enough to do something about it. It all started in high school during junior year when he started dating her, Kyra Lee Hernandez. She looked like a real-life Barbie: bleach-blonde hair, a perfect body, glass skin, plump lips, and bright blue eyes. She was gorgeous on the inside but rotten on the inside: greedy, selfish, manipulating, arrogant but mostly reckless. She was a sophomore at the time and partied like a 20-year-old, an only child just like me. Her parents were never around so she was free to do whatever she wanted. As soon as Rafe noticed Kyra, he became obsessed with her. Eventually, they started dating, she had him wrapped around her finger. Rafe quickly fell in love with her, she was his first everything: first date, first kiss, first time, first love, and first heartbreak. Everyone knew her addiction to drugs, mostly cocaine, but he didn't. She was miserable without it. Kyra was the reason he started consuming coke, and the first time was not by choice.

Narrator's POV:  tw: drug use

It was during a party at Kyra's, she invited college boys that she knew. Rafe was the youngest one among all of them. They gathered around the table and she pulled out a bag of coke:

- Wh-what are you doing babe? questioned Rafe with a worried voice

- Ohh, come on relax. It'll be fun, she said winking her eye

- Umm, I don't really know Ky, I don't feel comfortable

- If you're gonna be a pussy then just leave, she scoffed

- Chill men it tastes like bananas, said one of the guys

- I mean it's dangerous, mumbled Rafe

- So what? Stop making this awkward snort a line already, she huffed

- Fine, only one, he said while getting closer to the table

- So? she insisted

- I mean it's not that bad, he said

- Told ya babe, she said while kissing his cheek

- Whatever, I'm going to the bathroom, he said while getting up

Once he locked the door he looked at himself in the mirror. A tear rolled down his cheek, he felt miserable for bending his morals only to please Kyra. But on the other side, a part of himself was glad he tried coke, it made him feel numb, forget about his dad, and shut that voice that would constantly tell him that he was worthless, a piece of shit. He decided to get out of the bathroom, but Rafe ended up seeing something he wished he never saw, Kyra making out with another guy. He chose to act clueless, his love for her was too strong. Instead of confronting her, he decided to snort another line, then another, then another until he lost count of the bumps. Rafe thought it was going to be a one-time thing. But little did he know it was going to be his new way to escape reality and forget his girlfriend's endless infidelities.

Isabelle's POV:She ended up breaking up with him during his sophomore year, deleting her social media, and leaving the Outer Banks. Her dumping and leaving him behind broke Rafe's heart. He started to consume even more cocaine. No one ever saw or heard from Kyra since then.

Heyyy guys!! I can't believe it's been 4 months since I uploaded the last chapter. Here's a new one and I'm back to writing!!! Thank you so much for 345 reads!!! Please don't forget to vote and comment if you have any suggestions! Love you all so much <33

PS: I imagine Kyra as Alix Earle, i looove her