Alone Together

Dan sits back down on the barstool beside Lucifer, holding up his hand to signal to the bartender for another drink.

"Actually," Lucifer says, lowering Dan's hand for him. "I think you've had quite enough drinks. Do keep in mind that it's six in the morning, not the evening."

"I've had two beers," he complains. "In what world is that 'too many'? You drink all day, every day, and you don't see me telling you not to."

"Very well, Daniel, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Dan scoffs and shakes his head.

"Fine, I won't have any more," He agrees. "But only because you guaranteed coming here would be worth my time. And," he adds when Lucifer goes to talk, a smile appearing on his face. "Don't make a joke about me coming here, we both know you were about to."

It looks as if Lucifer wants to deny doing anything of the sort, but he doesn't lie.

"If you insist, I will refrain from bringing your obvious innuendoes to light. Well, for today at least."

"I don't know whether to hit you or thank you."

"Surprise me." Lucifer says, sipping his whiskey, and Dan wonders if it's more of a nuisance than a superpower to have a celestial alcohol tolerance. He figures it would be rather annoying.

"Anyway," Dan says. "Now we're gonna continue the game because I got a really good one."

They had an agreement: Dan wants Lucifer to experience sex in a way where he gets to choose what he wants most, rather than fulfilling other's desires like usual, and Lucifer would agree to this if he could fulfil a desire of some sort. Think of it as a quid-pro-quo sort of scenario; Dan gets something he wants (even though he had argued that having sex is more than enough to satisfy his want. Lucifer had fought and said he needed to do more for Dan), and Lucifer can do something he wants.

Dan had decided to continue the truth or dare game from their stakeout. It's a simple ask, really.

"Yes, and are you sure this is what you desire?" Lucifer asks, and Dan nods.

"Yeah, it's easy. It's simple. And I'll make it even more simple for you, I want you to pick truth, because that's the question I've thought of."

He hasn't. It's actually a dare. He just knows Lucifer well, and is obviously going to choose the opposite of the one he wants. He's a guy all about free will, all about choice, so he'll want to do what he wants.

"But doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a choice in this game? What if I want to pick dare?" He says. Dan nearly laughs at how predictable he is.

"I guess it does." Dan says.

"Alright" Lucifer thinks. "Very well, I pick dare." He says, looking at Dan with a grin that shows just how happy with himself Lucifer is.

"I dare you to let me see your search history."

His face falls, and Dan knows he hadn't expected that.

"But I thought you said you had a truth? Oh, Daniel, you are sneaky."

Dan simply sits there with his hand out for Lucifer to place his phone in, smiling.

"You gonna back down from the dare?"

"Of course not. I never back down from dares."

"Okay, so hand over your phone."

Lucifer sighs and reaches into his jacket, holding out the phone for Dan to take.

"Password is Carnal."