spencer

warnings: references to kidnap, SA, drug misuse and OD
again, didn't mean to make this so emotional, seriously, get ready :')

.

.

fifty one

spencer

Spencer pulled away first, only because he needed air. And from Adira's gasps so did she. He rested his forehead on hers affectionately. They stayed in silence for a minute as they caught their breath.

"I - I was going to go to a meeting tonight." Spencer said softly, breaking the silence.

"O-okay." Spencer watched her bite her lip. They opened the space in between them. "Could, uh - would you mind, if - if I came with you?"

Spencer knew he looked slightly taken aback. He was. He had recommended them to Adira when she was in hospital, but he hadn't expected her to come to one - he had hoped she would. "O-of course." He stuttered.

"Only if that's okay, obviously. I don't want to interrupt or make you feel uncomfortable with me being there or anything-"

"Adira," Spencer said softly, placing his hand to her cheek again. She leant into his touch. "You don't need to ask me before you do things. I think it would be great if you came."

She smiled. "Sorry, force of habit I guess."

"It's okay." He thought about adding an 'I understand' but ultimately decided against it. He took a deep breath, "I'm just going to get changed and then we can go? It starts at half eight."

"Okay. I'll text my mom, otherwise you'd no doubt get a panicked call and so would Agent Hotchner. And probably the whole of the Virginia police departments." She said, half joking, half serious.

Spencer laughed lightly and went into his room. He knew he could go in just his shirt, everyone else there would be in similar attire but he always felt the need to go in the clothes he would wear to work. It helped him associate the better feelings with what happened in that environment; his clothes served as a physical connection to work which was a connection with Tobias that he had to face every day, therefore, if he was able to remind his brain of what it felt like to be calm when he was connected to that physical connection then it would slowly become easier to distance himself from those memories and work, and therefore, the urges to use. It made sense to him. Kathryn nodded along when he told her about it but he could tell she wasn't really sure.

"You ready?" He asked Adira as he came out of his bedroom, adjusting his tie.

She turned around smiled at him. She mouthed 'One sec', he apologized silently as he realised she was still on the phone.

"Mom, I'm 24! Yes I'm with Spencer...No, we're just going out for a bit...Yes. Yep. Okay, I will. I love you too. Speak to you soon. Love you bye." She hung up the phone and turned around, "She's trying to do this thing where she's not as involved."