Neglectful Dad's And Stuck Up Blond's

I finished my painting, watching Dad as he talked to a blond boy

I huffed as I put my paints away, the bitterness rising up again. I walked out of my room, glancing at all of my other paintings hanging up on the wall. I rolled my eyes thinking back to how no one but my little brother Anthony said anything about the paintings.  If Anthony looked up from his game to say something to me about my paintings, but my Mom, Dad and sister couldn't, than there was definitely something wrong there.

I slipped out the back door, hoping to avoid my Dad, but luck wasn't on my side because I slammed into the blond boy my Dad was talking to.

"Watch it." I hissed as I stumbled back.

The boy, Robby, I finally recalled, looked up and rolled his eyes.

"Maybe you should have been paying attention."

I tilted my head, studying him. He didn't look like much, and his hair was stupid. What kind of a haircut was this?

"You're the boy working at the car shop, right? My Dad never shuts up about you." I sneered.

Robby raised his eyebrow as he smirked. "That's funny, because you're Dad has never mentioned you."

I clenched my jaw, trying to say something back, but a dreaded voice stopped me.

"I see you two have finally met." Came my Dad's voice.

I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes as Dad introduced us. "Robby, this is my daughter Athena. Athena this is one of my employee's Robby Keene."

I'm not sure what Dad was expecting us to do, but we both gave each other sarcastic grins. I sighed, stepping around Robby as I said, "Well as fun as this littler interaction was, I've got to go."

"Athena-"

I didn't care for what else he had to say, and walked off down the sidewalk.

{}~{}~{}~{}

I paced angrily back and forth in front of Aisha, Eli and Miguel.

Well, it was Hawk now according to Eli, and I was still getting used to calling him that.

"I don't even want to talk about it anymore." I snapped, angrily running a hand through my hair.

"So your Dad-" Aisha started.

"Oh!" I yelled, making the three jump.

Before I could start another rant, Miguel cut me off. "Look, why don't you hang out at my place for a while. And hey! Maybe you could join my karate dojo! You can forget about your Dad and get out all of your anger."

I huffed, resenting karate for what it did to mine and my Dad's relationship. But maybe this would help me get some of my pent up anger out. So reluctantly I nodded, making Miguel let out a big smile.

"Yes! Sensei'll be pretty excited. A lot of kids have quit, so the dojo's not too big."

I gave a half smile back and said, "What the dojo called?"

"Cobra Kai."

Oh fuck.