Wolves in sheep's clothing

(After the chase with Nick Fury, and the ambush, Steve chases The Winter Soldier and then Fury is rushed to the hospital. Steve, Natasha, and Kaidan all arrive in a hurry in their civilian clothes)

Natasha: Is he gonna make it?

Steve: I don't know

Kaidan: I hope so. Who was the shooter?

Steve: Whoever he was, he was fast. Strong. Has a metal arm

Natasha: Ballistics?

Hill: Three slugs. No rifling. Completely untraceable

Natasha: Soviet-made...

(Nick Fury's pulse drops down in surgery, so the doctors and nurses use a defibrillator to try and revive him, but it is of no use)

(Natasha has tears threatening to spill out as she watches one of her friends knocking on death's door)

Natasha: Don't do this to me, Nick. Don't do this to me...

Doctor: Time of death... 1:03 AM

(Natasha can barely contain her sadness as the tears roll down her cheeks. She puts a hand over her mouth and breathes shakily)

(Kaidan looks over at Natasha, and not knowing how she'll react, he hesitantly puts a hand on her shoulder)

(However, Kaidan was definitely not expecting Natasha to just straight up hug him and lean her head on the front of his shoulder)

(Kaidan wraps his rather large arms around Natasha and gently rubs her back as she lets out her emotions into his shoulder)

(Steve rubs Hill's shoulder in attempt to console her sadness)

(Soon, the group is gathered around Nick Fury's body to pay their respects before Hill wheels him away)

(But then, Natasha immediately pulls Steve and Kaidan aside to talk to them in private)

Natasha: Why was Fury in your apartment?

Steve: I don't know

Natasha: You're a terrible liar

Rumlow: Cap. They want you back at SHIELD

Steve: Yeah. Give me a second

Rumlow: They want you now

Steve: Ok

(Steve walks away with Rumlow and a group of SHIELD agents)

Natasha: Kaidan. What do you know about this?

Kaidan: Probably not much more than you do. All I heard from him is that his wife kicked him out

(Natasha recognizes the code phrase saying that SHIELD is compromised)

(Later)

(Sometime after Steve is sent up for questioning, Kaidan is also called in for an interrogation. He complies, but not before being told to leave his helmet off)

Pierce: Ah. Mr. Booker. Or should I say, Taskmaster?

Kaidan: Taskmaster. We're not on a name basis just yet, Mr...?

Pierce: Pierce. Alexander Pierce

(Kaidan and Pierce shake hands)

Pierce: Come on in

(Kaidan and Pierce walk into an office)

(Kaidan immediately notices a photo of Pierce with Nick Fury)